Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FS-1128

Technician 500+ Posts

FS-1128

I have searched and searched the svc manual and the op manual and cannot find an error code of C7990. Anyone know what this is? Also, anyone know where these codes are located? Found alot od U codes but no C codes.

Re: FS-1128

That code is in there for sure. What happen is your customer ignored the "Waste Toner Almost Full" message and let the machine keep going. Now your waste toner is full and you need to replace the drum unit that houses the waste toner.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

A C7990 is a waste toner full error. Replace the drum.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Technician 500+ Posts

I'm really confused now. The machine only has 30k on it. The drum unit is rated at 100k. Any ideas as to what is going on here. Any way to reset this code?

Searched again for the code in the Op manual and SVC manual and cannot find it. Maybe I'm missing a book. Can you tell me where exactly the code is listed? Sorry to be so stupid that i can't find the code.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

The error code is on 1-4-10 of the service manual. According to the manual, try turning off/on the machine. If that doesn't work, replace the drum. If that doesn't work, replace the waste toner sensor, if not, replace the control PWB. According to the book.

Does the machine use OEM toner or another brand? It doesn't look as though there is a way to reset the code. These machines don't even have a 906 reset in them. I'd try taking the drum out and shaking it, maybe the waste toner piled up in the area near the indicator, and put the drum back in and see what happens.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

All you have to do is take the end off of the drum unit that stores the waste toner and vac it out.

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks again for everyones help on this. I did find the code in the svc manual. I did a search for "drum" and scrolled through the book and found 7990. Should have searched for 7990. The C got me. Just don't have that much exposure to this machine or manual other than the online course I took on the KDA website.

What I did was removed the drum unit, shook it up, knocked on the side where the sensor sits above it, and cleaned the drum cavity area and the sensor with a stretch and dust. Put back together and turned off/on and all is well.

They are using compatible toner by the way.

Glad to hear you can vac those out. Not sure how to get in it, but will cross that bridge when needed.

Thanks again to all for your help. You all were very helpful. hope I can help you in return someday.