Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Kyocera KM5050 and Copystar CS5050 compatible

Reason I am asking one of our techs took out the Engine Board out and replaced it in the Kyocera 5050 but used a Copystar board. The Plug to the Developer Clutch is no where on the board. When making copies dv unit is not turning was wondering if anyone had this issue?

Technician

Re: Kyocera KM5050 and Copystar CS5050 compatible

Fix I read
    Bulletin #

KM-3050/4050/5050-10

To Improve Operation Efficiency, the DR-710 has been modified and the description changed to the
    DR-711. Be sure to identify the Drive Section and order the correct Item Number from the Parts Information
    Chart on Page Two when replacement component parts are necessary. The new DR-711 Drive Section.

The Engine Board was Changed as well.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

This was a running change across the board for the CS/KM 4050 and CS/KM 5050. You just happened to give your tech a board from an older machine.
    Part numbers 302GR94130 and 302GR94131 are for the engine boards for the older machines without the modifications. Part number 302GR94132 is the part number for the egine board in the newer machines that have been modified and have connector YC24 added. The new board is backward compatable, and the old board is NOT forward compatable.

I came across this a few weeks ago...imagine how frustrated I was taking a board from one machine to swap with another to test something out and find that one little plug connector not there after I took one board out and had the other one all in and plugged up....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."