Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: taskalfa 5500i

taskalfa 5500i

Hi all,
    Has anyone had any issues on a taskalfa5500i with paper curling in the exit tray (stand alone - no finisher). Everything seems fine with machine, not jamming or anything. If for example you did a run of 50 duplexed sheets, the paper will end up in a mess in the exit tray by the end of the job. Now the sheets are not creased or marked, image is perfect, it just doesn't seem to fall flat on the exit tray. I've ruled out the paper, tried a new fuser and exit assembly seems fine. Is this something anyone has seen on this model?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    taskalfa 5500i

Lightbulb Re: taskalfa 5500i

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: taskalfa 5500i

Why would you rule out the paper?
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Service Tech

Re: taskalfa 5500i

Firstly, try turning the paper over so that the first side prints on the other side. Perhaps the paper is slightly damp. The 6550 and 7550 have an decurler mechanism which you can turn on in the system menu. I'll check in the manual tomorrow if the 5500i has the same feature. Look through the menu by selecting the system key to see if you can find the decurling feature. Also, if the cassette is set to a paper type other than what you are using then this could also cause curling as the fuser temperature will be incorrect. This machine has a very comprehensive paper type setting which will affect quality and feed. You can find the cassette paper type setting in the COMMON > CASSETTE SETTINGS.