Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Barış KURT's Avatar

Re: TaskAlfa 5500i Image failure after service

I think "main charge error" on former machine (2530 3530 etc.)Replace charge corona (may be charge roller unit at 5500i) or drum unit.
    Black is Kyocera , Color is Gestetner.

Defective Technician 50+ Posts

I had this exact problem on a 5501 last month, the machine was 3 months old with 98K on it and the streaks were on the machine rear side of the copy, they got progressively worse in a copy run. First thing I did was change the drum and then the transfer belt with no change. After talking to the hotline and getting a bunch of useless help I tried a new DV unit, still no change. As a last resort I did another AC Calibration and it has been working ever since. I had previously done AC Cal with no success and I don't know why the combination of the new DV Unit and AC Cal worked but it did. I know you said this machine had a new Maintenance Kit but maybe the new kit had a defective DV Unit in it? Good Luck.

Dear all

Thank you very much for you interest in this thread. I finally received the maintenance kit + a High voltage pcb.

Replaced the kit, that is drum, developer and transfer belt and followed all the instructions ( including AC calib ). The problem changed but was not solved.I attached IMG 1 a photo of the output i am getting.

There is also something strange, if i do 1 print i get output IMG 1 but if i do more then 1 print the output changes and its as IMG 2.

I tried to replace the high voltage pcb but it had no effect on the prints.So i put back the old high voltage pcb and carried out some more troubleshooting.

I tried to swap the old drum and developing units to see the result :

Old drum + new developing unit = problem same as the actual attached document
    New drum + old developing unit = back to problem i got at first, that is whole document covered with lines.

From this i can conclude that the origin of the problem is somehow with the developing unit. So to my opinion i should now consider changing the Engine PCB.

Please give me your opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TaskAlfa 5500i Image failure after service

Quote Originally Posted by Jamil Mungur View Post
    Dear all

Thank you very much for you interest in this thread. I finally received the maintenance kit + a High voltage pcb.

Replaced the kit, that is drum, developer and transfer belt and followed all the instructions ( including AC calib ). The problem changed but was not solved.I attached IMG 1 a photo of the output i am getting.

There is also something strange, if i do 1 print i get output IMG 1 but if i do more then 1 print the output changes and its as IMG 2.

I tried to replace the high voltage pcb but it had no effect on the prints.So i put back the old high voltage pcb and carried out some more troubleshooting.

I tried to swap the old drum and developing units to see the result :

Old drum + new developing unit = problem same as the actual attached document
    New drum + old developing unit = back to problem i got at first, that is whole document covered with lines.

From this i can conclude that the origin of the problem is somehow with the developing unit. So to my opinion i should now consider changing the Engine PCB.

Please give me your opinions.

I know that this will sound silly, but can you give the optics and the white calibration strip a proper clean! Then the lens and later CCD. Plus whilst at it check the scanner connections!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Is it possible that somehow the lift assembly for the DV unit is damaged,twisted or misaligned to the drum unit. From your pic it looks as if the charge roller and or the DV unit is not making proper contact with the drum.
    Just a thought...

meestir

Possible contaminated toner reserve?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meestir View Post
    Possible contaminated toner reserve?
    That seems like a possibility to me

Is it OEM toner and has it been stored properly ?>
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Dear all

I received the Engine pcb today and tested it. It seem luck is not supporting for this machine; I replaced the engine pcb and of course i shifted the eprom form the old engine pcb to the new engine pcb as stated in the service manual.It gives me error F040 which indicated a communication problem between the engine and the main pcb, i verified the flat cable that links the main and engine pcb and its well seated.
    If i put back the old engine pcb there is no error code :-(

The machine is always on original toner and our toner are stocked in appropriate conditions. As for the developer contact of drum to developer i checked and cannot see any misalignment.

I will keep you all updated, open for all opinions.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

first page looks like the drum charge is leaking. What's making it leak is my question.

Also, if you take a look at the km3035 service manual for timing charts(assuming the principle is the same), the main charge stays on the duration of the operation(2 of 11x17), so drum always have charge on it(beside charge erase).

what's shorting it?? or dissipating the charge...?

AND, the black area is uneven, bottom heavy. looks physical but idk...
    Last edited by jmaister; 07-29-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

We had something similar to this. our first copy out of memory was always good but it got worse after that and after about 5 pages we had examples like yours. We changed drum and main charge. Neither helped the situation. We put whiteout on the hv plate on the back of the main charge to make sure the spring in the back of the machine was making good contact with the main charge roller. It wasn't making that good of contact so we carefully stretched it...we also cleaned off the very tip of the drum drum grounding rod. Our issue went away immediately and hasn't come back.