Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    monstott2010

Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Anyone have any suggestions to use for scan to email - of the freebie emails out there - that will work with the CS-400ci?? Customer is currently using a GMAIL account however, the authentication protocols from GMAIL are not compatible with the 400ci... I was able to successfully hit the "backdoor" gmail servers, but cannot authenticate so cannot send email, getting 3101 errors. Has anyone tried or been successful with others such as Hotmail/Yahoo/etc

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Re: Scan to Email - CS-400ci

As far as I know, GMX is the only free one I could find that doesn't use SSL or TLS. It seems to be finicky with email sometimes taking up to an hour to arrive. We have a generic account that we set up for customers to use if they don't have their own domain/mail server. It requires TLS. Last week I called Rackspace. They can set up an account using our domain that will allow an unencrypted connection. I think it's about $10 a month. There's a 15 day free trial and we haven't had any issues with it. You can use ports 25, 587, 2525 & one other I can't recall. Cloud Computing Applications and Cloud Storage from Rackspace
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Use yahoo.com or outlook.com; over port 465, ssl, server address for yahoo is smtp.mail.yahoo.com; with a valid account and credentials, good DNS addresses plugged into it, it works, I've done my share of that on the Kyocera TA 400ci; if they're so inclined, they could setup their yahoo accounts in Outlook or Live Mail.

And yeah, if the company is growing, they should go rackspace or godaddy or some other good hosting, or start looking into an IT budget for Exchange and AD if it's that critical...

Hope that helps.

Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Those models don't support SSL.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Those models don't support SSL.
    400ci? Yes it does. You have to turn SSL on in Command Center, Advanced, Secure Protocols. Put one of those machines in front of me, and I'll show you it scans to yahoo or hotmail.

Scan to Email - CS-400ci

That's not for an SMTP connection, it's HTTPS. That is why some of the SSL HyPas apps (accusender, evernote etc.) won't run on that series.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Scan to Email - CS-400ci

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    That's not for an SMTP connection, it's HTTPS. That is why some of the SSL HyPas apps (accusender, evernote etc.) won't run on that series.
    I thought the question was can the machine scan to a "freebie" email account besides gmail. I'm pretty certain that machine scans to yahoo email; and you're wrong about Cloud Connect; last year's version worked on the 400ci.

And the real reason new apps don't work on legacy machines is money; they don't want to waste resources developing for non-current models, when HyPAS can be a selling point for new models.
    Last edited by RollingROARANDA; 08-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Printer_Noob

Quote Originally Posted by RollingROARANDA View Post
    I thought the question was can the machine scan to a "freebie" email account besides gmail. I'm pretty certain that machine scans to yahoo email; and you're wrong about Cloud Connect; last year's version worked on the 400ci.

And the real reason new apps don't work on legacy machines is money; they don't want to waste resources developing for non-current models, when HyPAS can be a selling point for new models.
    Hello

I had joined the forum because I cannot find an answer to or figure out exactly how to use either SSL or TLS with my CS 400i. I have been reading through this thread and there isn't a direct guide on how to do this. RollingROARANDA could you help me out? I really would like to set it up to use SSL for SMTP scan to email functionality. Right now I am using Google's free SMTP server unencrypted on port 25.

Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 12.15.41 PM.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

400ci doesn't have ssl for smtp, so you can forget about gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc, basically any ssl mandatory mail service.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan to Email - CS-400ci

I can't remember which models, but I have run smtp.att.yahoo.com port 445 with machine ssl turned on and been able to scan to email on the older machines. This was before the smtp ssl option was available.