Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

copy quality problem on TA 420i

Morning all. I got a TA420i that gives me a copy quality issue but only on the copy side prints come out perfectly fine. The original is just a gray background but it comes out with spots (see attached image) the original is on the right and copy is on the left.The only way i can make it ok is to use photo mode. All other modes give me spots.
    I have cleaned the optics,white plate and calibrated the copier. Reset the whole thing back to factory defaults. Played around with copy settings in the service menu u 410.The spots move around too. Is it a CCD problem or a filter issue on mixed/text originals?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: copy quality problem on TA 420i

Hi, it does look a bit of a weird one.

Have you tried all the image adjustments, U411,412, and U425 target adjusments? you will need the chart for that U425.

I had a colour TA the other day giveing a weird greenish streaky background on copies and that + the greyscale sorted it out.

hope this helps

madas

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: copy quality problem on TA 420i

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It looks like moire' to me. Moire' is a pattern that appears when you read a halftone printed in specific pattern. Think of it like harmonics. There's a pattern in the halftone. There's a pattern generated by the scanner. Those two patterns combined can gel into a third distinct pattern. Photo mode must have just the right harmonics to show this third pattern.

Canon techs will tell you that sometimes you can reduce moire' by inserting a transparency between the original and the glass. I'm thinking that won't help you though. This doc probably was printed, then scanned, and email to someone else, then printed again.

That's just a really long way of saying that you're stuck with it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

We found a flaw similar to yours and don't think it was resolved. I am assuming you played with photo mode or text mode as well? Somewhere you can set resolution lower and that may help.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

I did play with the target settings and calibration to no effect was simply making it lighter or darker. the original was printed on the copier and copied off the glass so its not a copy of a copy. For now customer is happy with photo mode. If i manage to find a solution ill let everyone know.