Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

KM 4050 no network connection

My client moved their copier to clean behind it, AND afterwords it would not print or scan. At the copier ( status ) it says print and scan are ready, I can not ping the system and am not sure what other magic I can use to fix this. Ideas? Their I.t. guy says his system is Ok but when I had tried to Ping it the address I pinged 172.18.129.53 came back as 172.18.129.71 Host not reachable.
    Thanks

monstott2010

Re: KM 4050 no network connection

couple quick things that you could try,,

1) go into the printer menu and run the Hex Dump... it can help purge out any junk that may keep the printer from connecting..
    2) turn on DHCP and let the printer grab a new IP address... this also insures the Subnet and Gateway are correct as well. You can then either keep the new IP address (turn back to static) or reset back to the old IP address and test it out... I have seen multiple times where the IP address becomes corrupt on the network and will not work anymore... using a new IP may be the answer.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Even simpler than that: just power Off the MFP first at the panel, then at the main switch on the side of them machine, then power back On. A simple re-boot can solve your problem.

Like monstott says, it's not uncommon to get a duplicate IP on the network. Allowing DHCP to assign a new address will solve this problem, then lock in that address as static. The symptoms my machine showed was: Won't print during the day, but after 4:30 starts to print again.
    The company had an employee carrying in a personal laptop with a static IP address, that happened to be the same as the MFP. When the employee went home, printing resumed.
    It's a simple test: disconnect the network cable to the MFP, then ping the MFP's address. If something answers ... well it sure can't be the MFP. If you want to take it a step further, you can run NetScan to identify the Mac address, hostname, etc. of the offending duplicate.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Gar the pilot

I did the unplug/pulg back in ETC. Did not try to ping the IP with it unpluged. I am off until Tuesday and will try all fixes then.
    Thanks and have a good weekend
    Gar the Pilot

I will be Flying " Young Eagles" at the Albany Or. art and air fest this weekend,..so for a few hours wont be thinking COPIERS.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    My client moved their copier to clean behind it, AND afterwords it would not print or scan. At the copier ( status ) it says print and scan are ready, I can not ping the system and am not sure what other magic I can use to fix this. Ideas? Their I.t. guy says his system is Ok but when I had tried to Ping it the address I pinged 172.18.129.53 came back as 172.18.129.71 Host not reachable.
    Thanks
    The 172.18.129.71 address would be the address of the computer you were using to send the ping. Since the device you were pinging didn't respond, the local computer(172.18.129.71) responded that it didn't receive a response. It can be confusing.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

As a circuit board repair technician I have seen many RJ45 connectors damaged when a client "moved" their copier. The KM-4050 utilizes a dual connector for the network a combination RJ45/USB connector. I would disconnect the network cable and check out the RJ45 pins. You might see some bent or damaged ones.Just some thoughts, good luck with it. Remember, it was working until the client moved it, Key words.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi.. first try to connect the printer with your laptop or pc with straight cable.. if its print... printer is okay.. (not in the network)

then look @ the network ip address.. my be they reverse this ip or not...

Gar the pilot

It was a bent pin on the connector,..way back in for old eyes. I had taken a quick look when I first had the problem BUT did not take a carefull look all the way inside. the pin's were touching at the back of the connector.
    Thanks for the help
    Gar the Pilot

moinabil23

change main board

Gar the pilot

Smile Re: KM 4050 no network connection

KKendric was right, the Female connector (RJ45) for the network cable had 2 pins touching at the back of the plug-in area. It had been working before they Un-pluged and moved it,..they must have been ruff when un-pluging. I corrected the pins and now works fine.
    Thank you for the help
    Gar the Pilot