Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

CS6550CI Cyan Streaks

I am getting intermittent cyan streaks in center of the page. I have done firmware, cyan dev unit replacement, Sim 464/410, U325(Setting paper interval) Mode 2 Interval: OFF to ON

and duct vacuuming as outlined in the troubleshooting guide. The problem is occurring randomly and the streaks are always in the same area in each occurrence. I have attached a sample if anyone has any ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

Re: CS6550CI Cyan Streaks

Quote Originally Posted by Sim 906 View Post
    I am getting intermittent cyan streaks in center of the page. I have done firmware, cyan dev unit replacement, Sim 464/410, U325(Setting paper interval) Mode 2 Interval: OFF to ON

and duct vacuuming as outlined in the troubleshooting guide. The problem is occurring randomly and the streaks are always in the same area in each occurrence. I have attached a sample if anyone has any ideas.
    The drum cleaning blade may be failing.

monstott2010

Curious of a couple things:

1) Is this from Copy or Print or both?
    2) Have you tried running the Laser Cleaner cycle? If yes, did it help at all? Also, if yes, did it sound normal?

I ask about the LSU clean because I have a 7550 that is constantly having color issues, random lines etc... I can run the clean cycle and normally it will resolve the issue... I have since changed the frequency to 100 prints and have eliminated a lot of calls..... Also, there is a problem with the motor/gear on the LSU cleaning section, there was a bulletin sent out a number of months ago suggesting to wrap the motor with tape to strengthen the connection to the gear... we used zip ties instead of tape, that has decreased the number of damaged gears.....

Hey there,

cleaning the Drumblade sounds like a good idea.
    Have you thought of the Transferbelt? Maybe this part is not working like it should.

This is just my opinion.

Greets from Germany

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I have seen it. Replace the dev unit. Do they run a lot of heavy fill?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I agree with tonerkiler, I've encounter the problem and i brought out the developer unit clean it, and the machine work fine. so try it,it may solve your problem.
    quitech

Thanks all....replacing the drum solved the issue....looked like dev unit all along though