Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Caz_101

Cool IB-51 Wireless Card for use in TA-2550ci

G'day there, As we know the new TASKalfa range has support for a wireless card (Which is about time :/ ). Anyway I've heard a few techs in the field say you can get the IB-51 working on the smart series based TA-2550ci. Has anyone had any experience doing so? I know its not supported officially but it has the same base connector on the board to fit into the TA Series. Could only assume its a Firmware based issue at this stage.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: IB-51 Wireless Card for use in TA-2550ci

Why would anyone install a wireless card when you can setup a wireless router in pass through mode for a fraction of the cost?
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Technician

We had experience with an older KM-2550 wireless card (IB-22), and it was a nightmare with dropped signals. Ended up doing what Venom referenced and set up a router. Never a problem again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Back in the old days (IB-22 era) when scanning was on a second NIC, you would still have to use a wireless ethernet bridge to get the scan function to work wirelessly even with the IB-22 installed for printing. And yeah, the bridge thingy is way cheaper and is easier to set up. I would just go that route instead of the IB-51 route...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.