Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts kyogenius's Avatar

add toner on Fs 3140mfp when cartridge is full

Has anyone had this problem before on Fs 3140mfp ,it continuously say adding toner ,there is a noise on the cartridge as if it's not sitting properly,but the cartridge has been shaken properly and properly clipped.what could be the cause for this?

If I activate the front cover door switch and slightly press the cartridge down for a little while the noise goes and the add toner disappears.Any new modification on new dev units or the cartridges themselves.Any help welcome.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    add toner on Fs 3140mfp when cartridge is full

Lightbulb Re: add toner on Fs 3140mfp when cartridge is full

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Re: add toner on Fs 3140mfp when cartridge is full

I would check the cartridge gear alignment, on some earlier models the gear to open the toner slot were out of postion, although this made it hard to remove the cartridge from the m/c

also trick the door switch and see if the toner loading motor turns! right side in the dev unit.

check in the dev unit to see if any toner is getting in the opening, if it is crammed with toner it could be a faulty dev unit. if it is empty then either the cartridge is not opening or the motor is not turning.

a couple of ideas for ya.

Madas

Senior Tech 100+ Posts kyogenius's Avatar

Re: add toner on Fs 3140mfp when cartridge is full

Thanks man,more likely it could be the earlier type of dev units that for some reason do not tightly clip the toner cartridge to the gears that are driven by the toner feed motor.
    I discovered all this after cheating on the switches for the door covers.Anyway I managed to sort the problem out