Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FS-C5030N spots

FS-C5030N spots

Been fighting this for awhile. Very low usage on this printer. After a couple weeks they start getting toner dropping and causing random spots. I have to vacuum out the "tray" under each developer cylinder as toner is building up. Usually Cyan is the first to start dropping, then magenta, sometimes black. I just installed a whole maintenance kit last month (new drums, developers, transfer belt, everything) and had to come out twice since then to vacuum the excess toner for spots. Kyocera hotline has no idea, they just keep telling me to replace the developer units. Engine and system firmware are up to date. Other than the spots, the print quality is perfect.
    Any ideas?

--More info: The bias HV board was replaced (this is for the developers).
    It has 186000 prints, about 1/2 color.
    After I last cleaned, in 2 weeks they printed 130 prints and the magenta dev had toner overflowing:After 130 prints.jpg
    Last edited by dm10901234; 10-02-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: more info

Technician

Re: FS-C5030N spots

Possibly bad toner? Have you tried swapping a known good dev with one of the trouble ones?

The colour dev's on these churn over even if they are only doing black, this can cause the toner to loose for want of a better word its mag/electrical properties.

This then creates dead toner which just keeps building up in the front of the dev unit.

you could try new toners if the ones in the m/c now are old! but do a couple of dev refreshes to try and feed out the old toner.

These m/c's get quite messy in a short time so I think you may have your work cut out for you, upgrade the m/c is best option, newer m/c's run a lot cleaner.

on the earlier model the 5016 there was a command to change the refresh frequency i think to get rid of dead toner quicker. Not sure if it will work on this model?

FS-c5016 for low colour user or cover under 2% Will increase the toner refresh frequency by doubling the program threshold by drive time

ECHO !R! KCFG “EXTP”,”80”,3,6;EXIT;>LPT1

madas

Thanks Madas for the info!
    This led me to searching and I found this pub (not on Kyocera's site):

I think this was from a foreign thread, like Denmark or something.
    Here's the original link: ftp://www.hi-ke.de/Bios/Kyocera/FS-C...AL/SB-8653.pdf
    I tried the prescribe command in the pub (!R! KCFG 'SVEG', 63, 1; EXIT.
    The display said "processing" for a second.

So is there a way I can verify this setting took?
    Like a report or something?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    FS-C5030N spots

Lightbulb Re: FS-C5030N spots

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com