Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

FS-1135 won't send faxes?

I just set-up an 1135 at a customers and it won't send faxes. It receives faxes without an issue but when I try to send a fax it says an error occurred and the result says BUSY. Tried reloading latest Firmware, Re-initializing the fax board, replaced the fax board, and I've just now tried another brand new machine in it's place and that one does the same thing. So, it isn't the machine's fault exactly but why does their old fax machine work fine sending and receiving and the 1135 won't? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: FS-1135 won't send faxes?

I don't know much about the FS-1135, but maybe lowering the baudrate can be an option. If the customer is sending faxes via the Internet, lowering the baudrate to 9600 kbps may work. I have one customer that uses VOIP-lines to send and receive faxes and I lowered all baudrates to 9600 kbps. 14400 kbps and 33600 kbps didn't work, but 9600 kbps gave no problems.

Technician

You could try turning off ecm. I have had that on alot of machines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    I don't know much about the FS-1135, but maybe lowering the baudrate can be an option. If the customer is sending faxes via the Internet, lowering the baudrate to 9600 kbps may work. I have one customer that uses VOIP-lines to send and receive faxes and I lowered all baudrates to 9600 kbps. 14400 kbps and 33600 kbps didn't work, but 9600 kbps gave no problems.
    I'm not really well trained in the faxing side of things so I have no idea what that all means exactly but I gave that a try and it didn't help. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by eholyst View Post
    You could try turning off ecm. I have had that on alot of machines as well.
    I called Kyocera and that's what the guy I talked to recommended. Turning it off didn't help either. Thanks

I printed out the settings on the old fax machine and now I have to do some research and see what I'm missing.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I just set-up an 1135 at a customers and it won't send faxes. It receives faxes without an issue but when I try to send a fax it says an error occurred and the result says BUSY. Tried reloading latest Firmware, Re-initializing the fax board, replaced the fax board, and I've just now tried another brand new machine in it's place and that one does the same thing. So, it isn't the machine's fault exactly but why does their old fax machine work fine sending and receiving and the 1135 won't? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    I'd bring a phone with you and dial out...to your cell or another line there....just to make sure that it does......and this is a long shot but some places you need to dial a code to get out.....say 9 or something like that for a outside line....make sure the phone line is in the LINE vs the EXT slot too

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Turn of v.34 mode, it will override many baud and ecm changes you make if it is left on.

BTW, see if it works if you manually send the fax. go off-hook, then dial the number, wait for the handshake and then hit send. If this work and memory transmit doesn't than they need an actual old-school telephone line. Faxing over modern IP phone system isn't reliable and never will be.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

do you hear a dial tone? you may need to shut off dial tone detection to get it to send out
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

MEISTER

Try switching G3 off

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    Turn of v.34 mode, it will override many baud and ecm changes you make if it is left on.

BTW, see if it works if you manually send the fax. go off-hook, then dial the number, wait for the handshake and then hit send. If this work and memory transmit doesn't than they need an actual old-school telephone line. Faxing over modern IP phone system isn't reliable and never will be.
    How do I turn that off?

I believe they do have an old-school telephone line.

Quote Originally Posted by JustManuals.com View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Thanks but no thanks. Already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    do you hear a dial tone? you may need to shut off dial tone detection to get it to send out
    There is a dial tone on the line. How would I shut that off?

Quote Originally Posted by MEISTER View Post
    Try switching G3 off
    How?

Thanks everyone for the responses! Sorry I don't know how to do all these things to these machines. I'm pretty new to Kyocera machines but I'm liking them a lot so far!
    O.o

MEISTER

in simulation 617 or 670 i think