Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar

Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'd go with the SMB folder scans, and try some different scanner options. It will be interesting to see how resolution, file format, color/B&W, all affect the resulting scans. And you might get some fresh ideas.
    When you say CCD Lens Array, am I missing something?
    I am aware of mirrors, reflector and one lens.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

Looks like it could come from shading. Make sure the shading sheet under the glass is good and you could try adjusting the shading position.

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Looks like it could come from shading. Make sure the shading sheet under the glass is good and you could try adjusting the shading position.
    I see the adjustment for shading, but for the life of me I can't reference the location of this sheet you speak of?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

It's the white sheet glued to the original glass. Remove the original glass and flip it over. It's the white strip.

KonicaMinolta trainers would sometime cover a section with electrical tape as a troubleshooting exercise. The copier would print internally OK, but copies would have a light streak.
    You wouldn't see the tape unless you removed the glass and flipped it over to see the shading strip.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    It's the white sheet glued to the original glass. Remove the original glass and flip it over. It's the white strip.

KonicaMinolta trainers would sometime cover a section with electrical tape as a troubleshooting exercise. The copier would print internally OK, but copies would have a light streak.
    You wouldn't see the tape unless you removed the glass and flipped it over to see the shading strip.
    AKA: white level reference.

And there is a focusing lens (hasn't changed since the analog days) and the lens array on the face of the CCD (part of the CCD PWB).
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I'm back.
    Latest update; Accounts employees are razzing me but I'm a big boy and take it with a grain of salt.
    As I've been looking at copies I can see text although very light. I have adjusted density to the dark side (not Darth Vader) seems to correct light void area but of course then I get a gray background.
    Did a sky shot and solid black, go figure. I am leaning towards something dirty that I am missing. Adjusted that shading (063) item with negative results.
    I cleaned "focus lens" but still can't put my hands on ccd lens. Do they look like a conventional lens? Or am I loosing it.
    Ever had lens scanner unit out of unit? If so, is it a bear?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    I cleaned "focus lens" but still can't put my hands on ccd lens. Do they look like a conventional lens? Or am I loosing it.
    Ever had lens scanner unit out of unit? If so, is it a bear?
    It's the face of the CCD PWB. I doesn't really look like anything but a piece of glass across the sensor array.

Have you located and checked the white level reference?

It's preferable to leave the CCD in place whenever possible. When you have to remove it, do not touch any painted screws. There is usually two or three alignment pins in the bottom of the scanner pan, and the screws are usually shoulder screws with a leaf spring or wave washer to apply spring pressure, and screw down into the scanner pan. Never remove the screws mounting the CCD lens array to the CCD assy. That PWB is factory adjusted, and nearly impossible to get back in the correct position.

To give you some idea what I'm talking about. A co-worker mistaken removed the CCD PWB on a Mita fax. It became my job to re-focus the machine. By trial and error it took me 4 hours before I got any image at all, then another two hours to get a reasonably good focus. Save yourself some heartache. Think about what screws you remove. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=