Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    14

    TA 250ci ace tech needed

    Hey, was at a customers office for a few hours today trying to resolve this issue;
    Getting a void 3/4 inch wide with what I call pencil lines right down the middle of the void of a letter size copy on glass or adf, prints are awesome. This void does not move or change shape or size, always smack
    down the middle. I've done all the obvious. This anomaly looks similar to a fuser finger gouge.
    Box has 98k, still a baby TA.
    I bet Blackcat or Venom has the answer.
    Thanks


  2. #2
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    248

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    hmmmmm.

    To recap: So prints are normal/good. Reports are normal/good. Copies from glass or DP have a void 3/4" (19mm) wide with "pencil marks". Void stays in the same place.

    Clearly it's a scanning issue. I'm not too clear on what's obvious to you. Personally, I would:

    1) clean all optics. I'd also remove the plastic cover that bridges the gap between the lens and CCD. From there you can inspect/clean the lens and CCD lens array. (I think this is where you'll find your problem.) Do not adjust or move the CCD in any way, unless you want additional problems to solve. I think you have enough challenges here already.
    2) scan a document to my SMB folder. I'd try different DPI settings. Is the problem present?
    3) reduce/enlarge. Is the problem present? If it's something optical like dirt, changes to DPI should make little difference, changes to reduction/enlargement: the anomalie should stay proportional in size with the rest of the image.
    4) With power Off, I'd re-seat connectors to the CCD, scanner PWB and main PWB (be extra careful with the ribbon cables).
    5) If none of that worked, I'd re-load firmware.
    6) If I was still nowhere, I'd start changing parts: scanner PWB, CCD, main PWB in that order.

    Did I include some of the obvious? And tell me more about these "pencil lines". Can we see a scan or photo? =^..^=

    Last edited by blackcat4866; 10-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    hmmmmm.

    To recap: So prints are normal/good. Reports are normal/good. Copies from glass or DP have a void 3/4" (19mm) wide with "pencil marks". Void stays in the same place.

    Clearly it's a scanning issue. I'm not too clear on what's obvious to you. Personally, I would:

    1) clean all optics. I'd also remove the plastic cover that bridges the gap between the lens and CCD. From there you can inspect/clean the lens and CCD lens array. (I think this is where you'll find your problem.) Do not adjust or move the CCD in any way, unless you want additional problems to solve. I think you have enough challenges here already.
    2) scan a document to my SMB folder. I'd try different DPI settings. Is the problem present?
    3) reduce/enlarge. Is the problem present? If it's something optical like dirt, changes to DPI should make little difference, changes to reduction/enlargement: the anomalie should stay proportional in size with the rest of the image.
    4) With power Off, I'd re-seat connectors to the CCD, scanner PWB and main PWB (be extra careful with the ribbon cables).
    5) If none of that worked, I'd re-load firmware.
    6) If I was still nowhere, I'd start changing parts: scanner PWB, CCD, main PWB in that order.

    Did I include some of the obvious? And tell me more about these "pencil lines". Can we see a scan or photo? =^..^=
    Obvious; Cleaned optics, checked transfer, fuser, dev & drums.
    I can't picture that plastic cover but I'm sure it will pop out at me when I'm back out there. And NO I will not attempt to adjust CCD (been there/done that).
    It looks like someone along the way has nicked a piece of the slit glass in corner at back of machine, but that doesn't seem to be having a negative effect.
    I'm going to include some images to this thread as soon as I get to my tool bag in garage.


  4. #4
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    248

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    I've seen plenty of corners missing from the slit glass. As long as it will sit securely, and not snag the paper, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    TA250ci scan 2001.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've seen plenty of corners missing from the slit glass. As long as it will sit securely, and not snag the paper, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    I attached pdf images.
    Cleaned lens, optics as you suggested. Wrapped it up, turned on and C3300 (WHOHA). I thought it bit the bullet but I did the connector thing on the scanner boards and it booted. whew.
    Anyway check out these images one as a print and the other as a copy.
    Thanks, man

    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    TA250ci scan 2001.pdf

    I attached pdf images.
    Cleaned lens, optics as you suggested. Wrapped it up, turned on and C3300 (WHOHA). I thought it bit the bullet but I did the connector thing on the scanner boards and it booted. whew.
    Anyway check out these images one as a print and the other as a copy.
    Thanks, man
    I have no idea how that quality pdf got in there, pay no attention to it.
    TA 250 pdf is the correct one.


  7. #7
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    248

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    The scan doesn't do it justice. Try a photo, and enlarge it. =^..^=

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Hey, was at a customers office for a few hours today trying to resolve this issue;
    Getting a void 3/4 inch wide with what I call pencil lines right down the middle of the void of a letter size copy on glass or adf, prints are awesome. This void does not move or change shape or size, always smack
    down the middle. I've done all the obvious. This anomaly looks similar to a fuser finger gouge.
    Box has 98k, still a baby TA.
    I bet Blackcat or Venom has the answer.
    Thanks
    Make sure the scanner lock isn't interferring with scanner movement.


  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    Hey Blackcat, I'm stopping by customer in morning. Do you think a sky shot would would be more defining?
    Or how about a scan to folder?
    Thanks for your feedback.


  10. #10
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci ace tech needed

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    248

    Re: TA 250ci ace tech needed

    I'd go with the SMB folder scans, and try some different scanner options. It will be interesting to see how resolution, file format, color/B&W, all affect the resulting scans. And you might get some fresh ideas.

    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here