Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kyocera 420i counters & Job logs

I have a kyocera printer model - 420i.being used by approximately 50 users.

Users scan their documents to their respective network shares.

However,i need to create a way such that i will be able to see which users copied/printed/scanned a specific number of pages for accounting purposes only.

How do i do this? I have tried to see where i can create user access/login codes from but havent..

kindly guide me

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 420i counters & Job logs

It's called Job Accounting, and you've got plenty of options. The simplest and most common is to assign a 4-8 digit number for each user. The next more complex is to assign a local authentication username and password. It kind-of-a PITA typing in all those characters on the dinky typewriter screen, and you'll burn through tablets. To take that one step further, you can have the machine authenticate with AD (Active Directory). It's equally inconvenient and takes longer. Users don't usually complain too much about the first choice, and generally hate the second and third choices.

Once you've decided which option you're going to use, You'll want to load KM Net Viewer to a server or PC that remains on all the time. KM Net Viewer does a number of things. It can cumulatively combine the counts from various MFPs to give a total usage per user, breaking down to b&w/color, prints, scans, copies, and facsimilie. It can send out warnings, like "low toner", error messages, "door open", maintenance indications, etc, to multiple email destinations.

You should get yourself a manual. It's all in there. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It's called Job Accounting, and you've got plenty of options. The simplest and most common is to assign a 4-8 digit number for each user. The next more complex is to assign a local authentication username and password. It kind-of-a PITA typing in all those characters on the dinky typewriter screen, and you'll burn through tablets. To take that one step further, you can have the machine authenticate with AD (Active Directory). It's equally inconvenient and takes longer. Users don't usually complain too much about the first choice, and generally hate the second and third choices.

Once you've decided which option you're going to use, You'll want to load KM Net Viewer to a server or PC that remains on all the time. KM Net Viewer does a number of things. It can cumulatively combine the counts from various MFPs to give a total usage per user, breaking down to b&w/color, prints, scans, copies, and facsimilie. It can send out warnings, like "low toner", error messages, "door open", maintenance indications, etc, to multiple email destinations.

You should get yourself a manual. It's all in there. =^..^=
    Thanks bro,I have read the manually gracefully and it seems its only possible to do this from the kyocera itself and not from its web interface...is is really so?

How can i see,edit the user codes(the 4 digit code that the users uses to login) from the web interface....is it possible actually?

Thanks

You can't do it from the Command Center but you can get KM-Netviewer or KM-Net for Accounting from the Kyocera site which allows you to manage all of that.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

There is a tool called "setup tool". It allows you to create account codes , address books , user accounts and save them. Allowing you to push it to copier using the net viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by copymech View Post
    There is a tool called "setup tool". It allows you to create account codes , address books , user accounts and save them. Allowing you to push it to copier using the net viewer.
    my problem is that i wasnt able to login in to the net viewer...all the password /usernames i tried didnt work out...admin00,etc

pls help

During installation of Viewer, there is a screen to set up a login. If your installer forgets his password, you're screwed.

The only way to correct this is to delete KM-Net Viewer from Add/Remove Programs. Look for password flie stored: C:\Users\username\AppData or C:\ProgramData
    It's encrypted so you can't open the file, but you can delete it so that the new installation will not use the old password.
    =^..^=

During installation of Viewer, there is a screen to set up a login. If your installer forgets his password, you're screwed.

The only way to correct this is to delete KM-Net Viewer from Add/Remove Programs. Look for password flie stored: C:\Users\username\AppData or C:\ProgramData
    It's encrypted so you can't open the file, but you can delete it so that the new installation will not use the old password.
    =^..^=

i have reinstalled again and still no prompt to set up the password....i now dont know

The only way to correct this is to delete KM-Net Viewer from Add/Remove Programs. Look for password file stored: C:\Users\username\AppData or C:\ProgramData
    =^..^=
    =^..^=

=^..^=
    I have tried your procedure of deleting and installing the same but its all the same , even when using a different computer.

I dont knw what could be the issue now..coz the netveviwer installs when but i cant login nor does it give me the option to setup my login details

I am using netviwer veersion 5.3