Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera TASKalfa 500ci errors!!

HI all

I attended a Kyocera 500ci with error c2351 last week however when I arrived, the error did not present itself.

I checked the drums and developer units and ran long tests with no problems.

The machine had done 400k so recommended the maintenance kit A to be replaced.

Whilst waiting for the maintenance kit, error C5101 presented itself and believed it could be down to a faulty black charge roller.

I attended site with the maintenance kit A and installed the drum first, error C5101 cleared! Great, so I installed the black developer unit only to get error C2351 which was the error code we were first called out for.

I followed the bulletin to check the black cleaning motor etc and found a screw lodged behind the Motor Control PWB and the metal bracket it attaches to with burn marks around a resister on the PWB! (see pic)

I removed the screw and reassembled to see if the machine would now work.

Whilst in this area, I swapped the black cleaning motor with the yellow as I wanted to see if the error code would change.

Now when I power on the machine, the control panel backlight does not come on so its very hard to see the screen and it errors out on C0640 which is a HDD error code!

I have a bad feeling the main board is knackered?!!!

Any input on this would be of great help!

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Re: Kyocera TASKalfa 500ci errors!!

After looking at your pic I can see that the screw was between two surface mount capacators and probably shorted the 24 volt or the 5 volt line. Depemnding on where this supply is from will dictate what is damaged. If your display backlighting was working while the screw was there it should still work. If you dropped a screw and powered up the copier before finding it, that is a problem. First thing you should do is check and then recheck all connections that you messed with. Your problem could be anywhere from the power supply, engine board to main board, but it just could be a connector in wrong.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I would start by just replacing the motor control board and see if the problem goes away. We had a machine that indicated the left door open, but switches, wire harnesses and boards were not the answer. After two days with another tech our tech rep looking, they found a pinched wire on a system not connected to the door switch. It might be that the board is messing with your machine.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Kyocera TASKalfa 500ci errors!!

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thanks all

I returned and covered all my actions, checked all connectors and tested with no black dev and drum (as they were new)with no difference.

I then resorted to basic power troubleshooting only to find no 24v or 12v coming from the power supply!

Hopefully this is all it is so I will be returning armed with a power supply and a motor control PWB.

John