Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

KM 2550 Toner Catridge Codes Confusing!

Hi to all Kyocera-Mita Ninjas, Can someone please clarify this for me. I have a KM 2550 machine for which I need to buy Toner cartridge. A quick look at a few sites on the internet shows there's quite a variety of toner for this model; TK-411, TK-420, then TK-421, each with slight variations in price, and each claiming to be original, genuine,OEM, and what have you. And then some ses say TK-411 can be used across all the KM MODELS ;KM-1620, KM-1650, KM-2050 then km2550 etc.
    I am really confused as to which among the three codes above I should buy. My greatest worry is that I may end up producing dark copies if i buy a wrong one, or the cartridge not entering into the machine. Please say something, guide me before i make a blunder.
    Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: KM 2550 Toner Catridge Codes Confusing!

The different toner cartridge model numbers are for the different regions the machine is sold in. For example, US toner would have a different TK number than say European toner. The printers are keyed so they only accept toner cartridges for their particular region as the cartridges are keyed.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    The different toner cartridge model numbers are for the different regions the machine is sold in. For example, US toner would have a different TK number than say European toner. The printers are keyed so they only accept toner cartridges for their particular region as the cartridges are keyed.
    Thanks, JWinfield, for the fast response. You are absolutely right, after a few visit to both KM Europe and KM USA websites, I can say I have now understood the differences. The TK- 410 and TK-420 are toner cartridges are meant for the European models...and are for the km 1620, km 2050 and TK-420 strictly for the KM 2550, it has different chemical composition from TK-410. Meanwhile the TK411 and TK-421 is for the USA models and market. The differences is now very clear to me, thanks a lot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

No problem...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Will Kyocera TK-411 fit into KM-2550?

This thread seems to indicate the TK-411 will fit across KM models 1620,1650,2050 & 2550. Is this so?

I understand that non-OEM TK-411 may lack keying forms on the underside of the toner cartridge, so non-OEM cartridges may fit across models, but is this also true for Kyocera TK-411? Will Kyocera TK-411 fit across KM models?

If Kyocera TK-421 is keyed specifically for KM-2550, how do TK-421 and TK-411 differ except for keying forms on the underside of the toner cartridges? That is, does Kyocera TK-421 toner differ from Kyocera TK-411 toner?

Thanks for patience that I am new to Kyocera machines. I appreciate help.