Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    F248 code on terminal servers

F248 CODE my entire install of FS4200 printers at an escrow office is on thin clients/Terminal servers?im running ver 9 firm, the small Uni KPDL driver ver 8, on hosted W2K8 R2 terminal server...shd i try the big KX ver 6 driver on KPDL passthru? (i was told its too resource intensive for a Terminal server session over a WAN)im getting intermitant (once a week) F248 codes.. printer frozen, jobs backed up, cranky escrow officers then yelling, "our old HP didnt do that!"

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: F248 code on terminal servers

You know, of course, that CF248 errors are print data errors. The cause can be a specific document, an application, a driver, or just non-print data being sent to a printer. The hard part is to find the source of your corrupt print jobs, maybe one of those left over HP print drivers still being used to print to a Kyocera. And start out with the Macs first. The MacIntosh laptops seem to be more prone to this. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You know, of course, that CF248 errors are print data errors. The cause can be a specific document, an application, a driver, or just non-print data being sent to a printer. The hard part is to find the source of your corrupt print jobs, maybe one of those left over HP print drivers still being used to print to a Kyocera. And start out with the Macs first. The MacIntosh laptops seem to be more prone to this. =^..^=
    hey BC...hows everybody out there on CTNet? the quirks and problems never end do they!

well with only thin-client devices (running RDP on Linux i suppose) in this office, theres not going be any stray PCs printing to that IP with wrong drivers...no Macs either...

its definitely coming from a valid print job ...some PDF they print..then F248, frozen printer.
    come to think of it.. i have "Auto-Error Clear On" , i think in 30 seconds, wonder why it freezes without self clearing?

should i switch to the PCL version of the Uni Driver?
    i saw something about using the KX ver6 driver with PDL set to KPDL with "data pass thru" on..
    but Kyo tech support says no, the KX driver isnt best for TS over a WAN..
    problem is always in contacting the TS hosting company to make changes to the print driver on their server...a slow process
    what id like is Kyo Japan to solve this code via firmware or driver...

Technician

I had this problem with case ware accounting software!What i did is 1) set the machine as primary emulation to AUTO and Alternative to PCL 2) Case ware does not support PCL or GDI they say we mast use RPLC (Kyocera does not have RPCL Driver) Use PCL5e or PCL5c form the drivers/device setings/PDL

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krakcy View Post
    I had this problem with case ware accounting software!What i did is 1) set the machine as primary emulation to AUTO and Alternative to PCL 2) Case ware does not support PCL or GDI they say we mast use RPLC (Kyocera does not have RPCL Driver) Use PCL5e or PCL5c form the drivers/device setings/PDL

on these Terminal Servers, im not using the KX driver where you can choose what PDL to use...