Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera AirPrint

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know what if any Kyocera Colour MFP's support AirPrint??

Thanks in advance

Re: Kyocera AirPrint

The new Taskalfa 01 color series do have Airprint but they do not print in color.....B/W only...I do not believe any of the models before this will to my knowledge unless you have some 3rd party software and hardware...I'm guessing you are wanting this for printing from mobile devices in color ....Kyocera does have a Mobile Print App...but it is quite limited...but it does print in color....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yeah, I have a customer looking for colour printing from iPhones and iPads.
    I've used the Kyocera app but it's only really good for printing pictures etc.
    My customer is looking to print emails and documents etc without having to go through other app's.

i know that some of the newer mono printers support AirPrint I was hoping the new 265ci would too but I guess it doesn't.

cheers for the reply.

Kyorcera is really lagging in this area...but then no one has really dominated in it either...iPads and iPhones were just never designed to print...when we got a new TA 01 color machine in I was disappointed in the Airprint...some sales person is going to use this as a major selling point and going to make a tech's life hell because it is just so lacking...the mobile app while not bad does lack quite a bit compared to say Konica Minolta's mobile app...I tend to explain the extent of the capabilities to the customer and explain to them I do not offer tech support for it...that's just a bag of mess I don't wish to get entrenched in...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

There is a patch you can install on the print server that will share the print queue via AirPrint. Google it, many show up. Did one a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk