Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    KM 4050 lease return

KM 4050 lease return

I've seen conflicting information whether this machine has a HDD or not. If not, no problem returning to the recyclers; if it does, how do I clear all customer info before sending to the recyclers?
    Thank you in advance...
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Re: KM 4050 lease return

Well you can U024 to format the HDD...and yes they have them...and they are not fun to get to....I had to yank a set out of a few 5050's from the local police dept...it sucks...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

KM 4050 lease return

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Well you can U024 to format the HDD...and yes they have them...and they are not fun to get to....I had to yank a set out of a few 5050's from the local police dept...it sucks...
    Will formatting the HDD make the machine unusable? Is U204 accessed by 10871087? Thanks for your help.

U024 not u204(this is for a key counter)...and this is what it does

Initializes the HDD.
    In addition, the following settings are also initialized by initializing the HDD.
    System menu (user login administration, job accounting, address book, one-touch keys and document box
    etc.), shortcuts and panel programs

It will not make the machine inoperable. I format HDD's all the time. If there is info on them you do wish to save you can export and import that info with u917.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

KM 4050 lease return

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    U024 not u204(this is for a key counter)...and this is what it does

Initializes the HDD.
    In addition, the following settings are also initialized by initializing the HDD.
    System menu (user login administration, job accounting, address book, one-touch keys and document box
    etc.), shortcuts and panel programs

It will not make the machine inoperable. I format HDD's all the time. If there is info on them you do wish to save you can export and import that info with u917.
    Sorry, my dyslexia kicked in - thanks, this is the info I needed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CraiginAK's Avatar

Technically even after formatting the information is still there. If being required do this because of some business or contract then to do it correctly need to have it wiped to DOD or other standards. I know for a contract we had, before we got the software had send them Hytec and get certified that they were sanitized and customer wanted see the cert after it was done. If our customers concerned we offer it as service when getting rid of there old copiers. Also bit of revenue enhancement if want it to be, certainly easy enough to do. The software not real cheap but we have made our money back and it allows us to print our own certificate once done.

KM 4050 lease return

OK, back to step 1; I've got the machine in the shop, but am unable to access service mode. I'm not sure of the procedures to get into service mode - when I hit the 'System Menu' key, page 1 of 2 shows up, but the touchscreen is dead.
    I can press the 'Copy' mode key and it returns to copy mode. Please help a rookie KM tech (No, I didn't volunteer for this). I don't think we need a DOD wipe of the drive, just customer saved information cleaned up.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CraiginAK's Avatar

To get a Falcon III into service mode you have to push Status/Job Cancel first. Then do the 10871087 then go to mm# 24 to format hdd. If panel is dying meaning can't select things on touch screen going make bit more difficult but hopefully it will let you select execute in mm # 24 so can get it to format.

KM 4050 lease return

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginAK View Post
    To get a Falcon III into service mode you have to push Status/Job Cancel first. Then do the 10871087 then go to mm# 24 to format hdd. If panel is dying meaning can't select things on touch screen going make bit more difficult but hopefully it will let you select execute in mm # 24 so can get it to format.
    It worked like a charm - thank you so much.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

U24 doesn't really wipe the drive, you would need a program to rewrite 0's and 1's several times
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications