Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    superG3

Kyocera 520i Network Problems

Network connectivity lights are blinking okay but themachine is not recognising the network....
    Network settings are in correctly. Whether on DHCP OR ONSTATIC ADDRESS... STILL NO RESPONSE.
    When connecting it directly to laptop it’s still doing thesame thing.... when ping there’s no response. Done reset on service mode U021....... still same error.
    PLEASE ASSIST..........
    ****** HOW DOES : ResetLAN Software WORKS AND HOW TO USE IT...
    TNX

THopak

Re: Kyocera 520i Network Problems

I have seen same thing on Falcon I and II scan cards and it ended up being a bad NIC and had to be replaced.

superG3

hi THOPAK
    Thanks for your response....... I also suspected the NIC (network interface card)........ now on this machine the NIC is mounted in the main board.... main board is 14k
    .... I wonder if the software ( LAN RESET software) can solve the issue since connectivity lights are still blinking... now I don't know how it operates.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

The Networking is embedded on the Main PWB on this copier, You say thr led's are blinking correctly. Here is how I determine if they are blinking correctly or not. If they are fast blinking at a steady rate the networking is seeking an IP address, if the led's are blinking with some randomness to them the networking is communicating. This can be caused by a defective network chip on the main board and can also be caused be the pins in the dual network / USB connector being bent up. I am a circuit board repair technician and have seen both. It pays to look closely at this connector. Sometimes you can straighten out the pins in the RJ45 portion. I think what happens is that someone trys to put the USB connector in the network plug and messes it up.

THopak

Quote Originally Posted by superG3 View Post
    hi THOPAK
    Thanks for your response....... I also suspected the NIC (network interface card)........ now on this machine the NIC is mounted in the main board.... main board is 14k
    .... I wonder if the software ( LAN RESET software) can solve the issue since connectivity lights are still blinking... now I don't know how it operates.

I have not used that type of software before but a second thought have you tried updating firmware and running 906. Also I can not remember on the 520i off the top of my head if thier is an option slot but on a KM-5035 that had a bad NIC on the print system I installed a IB-21 and it worked.

Another option get a working off lease as a parts machine maybe less than the board and you could have many spare parts.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

Cool Re: Kyocera 520i Network Problems

Try another cable.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Could you kindly let us know what the repair was? People on this forum take their time to try to help, the least you can do is to share with us the final results. These are the things that help all technicians.

It may not be the Main Board issue.
    • Try to get another switch plug in between the machine & customer network point.
      If it work, it maybe due to customer switch not able to sync with the machine.
    • Alternatively, you can try to change the machine network speed to 1000 base-T, 100 base-T or 10 base-T with full or half duplex.

Previously I do encounter this problem, end up have to force machine network card to run on 100 base-T on a Cisco gigabit switch.