Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    davidconnors

Kyocera FS-1118MFP Admin password reset procedure

Hi All,

I have looked high and low but I cannot find the admin password reset procedure for an FS-1118MFP. I have found some instructions re changing certain DIP switches on other Kyocera printers but can find no such switches on this one (the Network interface is built in anyway).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IT Technician

SIOP reset

Try this command
    !R! SIOP0,'RESET:0'; EXIT;
    or
    !R! SIOP0,"RESET:0"; EXIT;
    I can't remember about it is " og ' you can try.

See page 26:
    The administrator has forgotten the Admin password.
    http://files.oce.com/nl/download/mul...gelstalig).pdf

/Rune

davidconnors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Try this command
    !R! SIOP0,'RESET:0'; EXIT;
    or
    !R! SIOP0,"RESET:0"; EXIT;
    I can't remember about it is " og ' you can try.

See page 26:
    The administrator has forgotten the Admin password.
    http://files.oce.com/nl/download/multifunctionals/OP1130%20Operation%20Guide%20Command%20Center%20(E ngelstalig).pdf

/Rune
    Hi Rune,

I saw a few examples like this - but all of them mentioned pasting that command into some page on the command centre site. I am completely locked out of the command centre site and can only view the status of the printer.

Can I just send it a print job from Windows with that in it? That seems a bit insecure.

David.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You can use the newest version of KM-Net Viewer. From KM-Net Viewer search the network for your printer, select the Broadcast function, radio button next to TEXT, then enter the command as Rune gave it to you (or copy/paste if you like), then SEND. The PreScribe command is sent out to the printer, and executed.

You can use the IC Link utility. Type the command as Rune gave it to you into a Notepad or Textpad document, and Save. From IC Link select Tools, Printer Tools, double-click Send a File, browse to your new file, Open, checkmark next to Send a File, Send to Printer, Select the appropriate driver, then Send Now.

You can use the command prompt. Make sure that the printer is shared. Like above type the command as Rune gave it to you into a Notepad or Textpad document, and Save As to the root directory (i.e.: C:\Documents and Settings\John Smith> appears in your command prompt, then place the file in the "John Smith" folder). Open up a command prompt.
    This is the format of your command:
    copy filename \\fullcomputernamelessdomain\printersharename

So if your file name is: file.txt
    full computer name less domain is: Johns Computer
    printer share name is: KyoceraFS1118
    your command would be:
    copy file.txt \\Johns Computer\KyoceraFS1118

then Enter.

I found this last one a little daunting at first, but as long as you get the command typed exactly character-for-character correctly, it works every time. And it requires no additional utilities. (though they appear like web links above, they are not. It's just the combination of characters and symbols used.)

The method Rune suggests requres access to Command Center, which you don't have. If you could access Command Center you would go to the Printer tab, Printable Data, then browse to the prepared file with the command, then Print.

This works really cool once you get the hang of it. Instead of searching all over for printer settings a simple FRPO command will change the setting that you want, without knowing where to find it, and the commands are mostly universal accross the product line (there are exceptions, of course.)

Have fun.

davidconnors

Thumbs up

You are both wonderful people - thank you kindly. The password reset procedure worked perfectly.

madjock

Kyocera FS-C5030N-KX

Hi - could anyone advise the codes required to clear/reset the admin password on a Kyocera FS-C5030N-KX ? Many thanks

Jon

lasykome888

Re: Kyocera FS-1118MFP Admin password reset procedure

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You can use the newest version of KM-Net Viewer. From KM-Net Viewer search the network for your printer, select the Broadcast function, radio button next to TEXT, then enter the command as Rune gave it to you (or copy/paste if you like), then SEND. The PreScribe command is sent out to the printer, and executed.

You can use the IC Link utility. Type the command as Rune gave it to you into a Notepad or Textpad document, and Save. From IC Link select Tools, Printer Tools, double-click Send a File, browse to your new file, Open, checkmark next to Send a File, Send to Printer, Select the appropriate driver, then Send Now.

You can use the command prompt. Make sure that the printer is shared. Like above type the command as Rune gave it to you into a Notepad or Textpad document, and Save As to the root directory (i.e.: C:\Documents and Settings\John Smith> appears in your command prompt, then place the file in the "John Smith" folder). Open up a command prompt.
    This is the format of your command:
    copy filename \\fullcomputernamelessdomain\printersharename

So if your file name is: file.txt
    full computer name less domain is: Johns Computer
    printer share name is: KyoceraFS1118
    your command would be:
    copy file.txt \\Johns Computer\KyoceraFS1118

then Enter.

I found this last one a little daunting at first, but as long as you get the command typed exactly character-for-character correctly, it works every time. And it requires no additional utilities. (though they appear like web links above, they are not. It's just the combination of characters and symbols used.)

The method Rune suggests requres access to Command Center, which you don't have. If you could access Command Center you would go to the Printer tab, Printable Data, then browse to the prepared file with the command, then Print.

This works really cool once you get the hang of it. Instead of searching all over for printer settings a simple FRPO command will change the setting that you want, without knowing where to find it, and the commands are mostly universal accross the product line (there are exceptions, of course.)

Have fun.
    To Blackcat4866 and Rune - I've almost never signed up for any forums but I signed up for this forum just so I could tell you how much I appreciate your information. So often instructional posts are hard to follow, too technical. I was in a major bind and your info saved my tuchass (sp?) Anyway - Thanks so much!
    Kyocera FS-1128MFP
    BTW - The 1st command that Rune listed is the one that worked for me.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

topcat36

For me it did not work. From Kyocera NetViewer I sent the text command and in the status window I get a failure: authentification error.