Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    2126 color registration off

Re: 2126 color registration off

I'm talking with our Kyo rep today about the Gemini line. We all know the update issues with this series, but there doesn't seem to be definitive answer on the registration issues. I was failing to wrap my head around the replacing of the transfer belt on these & the 5300 printers.
    It seems that when the belts get some age, they get that chalky haze on them. This is affecting the registration sensors in the machine. They don't see the reg marks properly, which throws alignment off.
    This makes sense to me now. It couldn't be cleaning on the hash marks on the 5300, because you only get it on the first page or two. I didn't understand why replacing the belt would make a difference.
    So I'm thinking if you update the firmware & do the registration (special reg firmware not needed anymore), then if the problem comes back, replace the belt.
    This explains why the registration problem started showing up after a few years.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CraiginAK's Avatar

I've tried new transfer belts on the problem machines and it never fixed the problem. It would come back in same short period maybe week or so. It sounds good in theory but I'm definitely not sold on transfer belts as a fix at least in ones here.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I agree on new transfer belt not helping. The engine board has just arrived for one of my FS-C5300DN. Will replace it in a day or 2, and will post how it worked out.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Just noticed this thread got revived. We were able to get the registration back on ours by doing the extremes on the manual registration adjustment about 20 times or so. I doubt it would have stayed though. We gave up on this one after the attempt to do that rather involved update didn't go so well (the machine started grinding afterwards). Kyocera is sending someone to give us a hand with that sometime soon.

Thanks again to everyone who posted with advice!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi all

We are having this very same problem now.

It started off with the colour registration being off, so we called and performed the colour alignment. That worked for a few days, then it went off again. We then installed the firmware to fix the colour shift.This worked for about 2 weeks and now the registration has again gone off.

We have lifted the machine to the workshop and are plowing through all available service bulletins.

Did anyone manage to find the overall solution?

Also, not sure if it is related, but this machine would also come up with the message "toner cartridge not installed properly." Although checking the gear on the toner cartridge seemed to fix this.

Thanks

James
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For the "toner cartridge not installed properly" , you are gonna have to replace gemini modification kit. That's the 35 pages service bulletin and will take you about 7-9 hours if you never did it before. I've just now finished installing one for 3rd time so far.

For the color registration problem it seems that the engine board might fix it for good. I've replaced one few days ago on FS-C5300DN (same shit) and looks good so far.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for that. Looking forward to getting that done. There's possibly/hopefully another solution, a loose ID Sensor Shutter.
    Theres a bulletin SB-2KW-0041-D096.

Would anyone happen to have it? Its not appearing in Kyocera serviceworld.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Had a few reg issues with these,( not to the extreme as the OP's issue.) managed to control them with the reg adjustments(advanced one.) Never done any of the bulletins for them expect firmware updates. Issues I've had is the missing colors, usually ends up being a faulty DV unit.