300 ci accumulated toner on black drum

Hi everybody!

I have a freak problem with a 300ci copier. There is toner accumulation on black drum, the toner is accumulating between the drum and the frame of the unit. This is causing print quality issues, there is black toner over the copies on the 1\4 of the copies where the toner is accumulating. The drum have been changed, the developer unit too. The firmware is up to date. The belt don't seems damaged ... I really don't know what to do with this...

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: 300 ci accumulated toner on black drum

What versions of these drum & developing units are currently installed? There have been 10+ revisions on the drum and developing units. It made no sense to me to hold inventory of these things when Kyocera updated them so often. The last time I ordered the DK-865 it was part number 302JZ93013. And the black developing unit was 302JZ93412.

I think I'd get a current developing unit, and be sure firmware is at v13, and do a complete calibration. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I've seen this happen. I have upgraded firmware to latest version, replaced the developer, replaced the drum, nothing worked. I have torn into the toner collection on the drum itself and found everything looking good. No other drum unit was backing up and the waste toner system looked good. After I had replaced the black drum, the new drum started doing the same thing. I had a yellow drum do this in another machine, and I cleaned off the drum, redownloaded firmware, and everything is ok, at least we have not gotten a call back. I did not get a chance to tear into the machine that was doing the black drum. My supervisor, tired of these machine breaking down on a regualr basis, traded machines (from a 250ci to a 400ci) and sent the bad one out the door. I have noticed, the two that did this to me was a 250ci and a 300ci. I think the next time I see this I might try the next version down firmware.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The black cleaning motor is not turning. That is a white lable motor.

Take the back panel off of the machine all the motors should be spinning at power up. Except the cl motor, it could be bad and not being driven but getting some movement from the drum. Replace the black cl motor and it will be fine.

Tonerkiller is correct. Apparently a black cleaning motor failure doesn't always produce a code. We fought one for a month before figuring out the cleaning motor wasn't working.