Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Taskalfa 4500i send error 2202

So, at this machine location they're using a relay server which then passes the info on to their email server. The copier is sending all the info to the relay server and then gives the 2202 error for some reason. The relay server knows the copier errors out and sends the email through despite this. So, I'm not quite sure what's at fault here. The IT guys for this customer are certain it has nothing to do with the relay server because they have several other things using it without any issues. I don't know if the relay server isn't sending the right responses to the copier and that's why it's coding out or if there's a setting in the machine that could resolve this.

I'm not very experienced in the emailing side of things as far as copiers are concerned so I'm not really sure what to do. Any thoughts about what could be causing this? Any advice is appreciated.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 4500i send error 2202

Re: Taskalfa 4500i send error 2202

2202 is a server timeout error.

1) You might try increasing the timeout value in the SMTP settings screen.
    2) You might also try entering the SMTP IP address rather than the hostname. When the hostname must be looked up by DNS, it adds time to the transaction. Using the IP, means that the DNS does not need to be referenced, and is just a teeny bit faster.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    2202 is a server timeout error.

1) You might try increasing the timeout value in the SMTP settings screen.
    2) You might also try entering the SMTP IP address rather than the hostname. When the hostname must be looked up by DNS, it adds time to the transaction. Using the IP, means that the DNS does not need to be referenced, and is just a teeny bit faster.

=^..^=
    I had tried increasing the timeout but it didn't help. It gives the code almost immediately after sending the email and it is using the IP address. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Just an idea: Ask the I.T. guy to set up a "Receive Connector" on the exchange server for the copier's ip address.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Just an idea: Ask the I.T. guy to set up a "Receive Connector" on the exchange server for the copier's ip address.
    I will mention this to their I.T. guy and see what he says. Thanks!
    O.o

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

In addition to the timeout setting, Are they using authentication?

in the past few months I've had a handful of customers have this same problem (Model didn't seem to matter). With the timeout set at the default 10 seconds, The copier errors with a 2202 or a 3101 1-5 seconds after scanning but the email still goes through. All customers were going through their ISP's mail server without authenticating. I needed to do two things (doing only one of these wouldn't fix it for me):

1) Have the customer get a valid email address setup through their ISP if they were going to use their mail server and set that username and password in the SMTP Authentication settings
    2) I needed to set the timeout to at least 15 (ended up setting it to 30).

If they're not using authentication because their mail server is on site and not required, maybe try to input a valid UN and PW with a timeout of 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    In addition to the timeout setting, Are they using authentication?in the past few months I've had a handful of customers have this same problem (Model didn't seem to matter). With the timeout set at the default 10 seconds, The copier errors with a 2202 or a 3101 1-5 seconds after scanning but the email still goes through. All customers were going through their ISP's mail server without authenticating. I needed to do two things (doing only one of these wouldn't fix it for me): 1) Have the customer get a valid email address setup through their ISP if they were going to use their mail server and set that username and password in the SMTP Authentication settings 2) I needed to set the timeout to at least 15 (ended up setting it to 30).If they're not using authentication because their mail server is on site and not required, maybe try to input a valid UN and PW with a timeout of 30 seconds.
    I believe their mail server is on site and authentication is not required but I'll have to double-check on that. I talked to Kyo support and the guy I talked with seemed to think it was probably because of a lack of authentication also. The machine only has the IP address of the relay server and no form of authentication so I'll see if I can get a user name and password and I'll increase the timeout and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!
    O.o