Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

KM-5050 w/DF-710 giving jam 87

We have about three df-710's that are coupled with 5050 copiers and if you are doing a large run through the staple tray stapling or not you will get intermittent jam 87's.

Please help us to not lose all our hair forcefully.

thank you
    jimbo1

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-5050 w/DF-710  giving jam 87

My experience with Jam 87 comes from some experimentation with output trays. I thought it would be really convenient to have copies exit to output tray C. The problem comes in when you have an impatient operator who cannot wait the 0.33 seconds for the copy to land on the tray. So they give it a little tug with the last 25mm still in the rollers, then walk away with their copy. The next person who walks up sees a Jam 87, looks, but can find no paper jam, then continues to copy.

You can test the machine until you turn blue, but no Jam 87. Its the behavior, not the machine.

My answer was to default outputs to trays other than output tray C. Even in our office, where you think the operators might be semi-trainable, I could not stop the behavior.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Well no, we swapped trays around and have had it in the shop, Of course we maybe the behavior problem but that's another story. This is a machine issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: KM-5050 w/DF-710 giving jam 87

...I had the same issue on a KM-4050 today....
    All checked. Didn't find nohing!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    My experience with Jam 87 comes from some experimentation with output trays. I thought it would be really convenient to have copies exit to output tray C. The problem comes in when you have an impatient operator who cannot wait the 0.33 seconds for the copy to land on the tray. So they give it a little tug with the last 25mm still in the rollers, then walk away with their copy. The next person who walks up sees a Jam 87, looks, but can find no paper jam, then continues to copy.

You can test the machine until you turn blue, but no Jam 87. Its the behavior, not the machine.

My answer was to default outputs to trays other than output tray C. Even in our office, where you think the operators might be semi-trainable, I could not stop the behavior.
    Totally agree with blackcat, but if you find another cause of jam 87 let me know

monstott2010

check the magnetic latch on door between the finisher and machine, I have had them break allowing the door to move during operation and cause the jam code