Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: taskalfa 3500i jam 0000

Have the mods. been done to the machine? Is that mylar by the syn sensor there to prevent all of the paper dust from falling on it? Clean that sensor and the dust collector.

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    Have the mods. been done to the machine? Is that mylar by the syn sensor there to prevent all of the paper dust from falling on it? Clean that sensor and the dust collector.

Hey Tonerkiller. Was looking at Kyocera threads. I looked for this on the Kyocera site and cannot find a Technical Bulletin for this? Can you post the number. I'm new to Kyocera. Just got back from my first school.

I had a KM 4050 or KM 2560...don't really remember...but it was at a bank that was under a lot of new construction for a period of time and was getting a lot of random J00 on it....I suspected it was due to the workers drawing down power in the building with all their tools....was never able to actually get in and prove it...but hey after the construction was all done those J00's just stopped happening....so ya might take a look at power...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Nrg

Quote Originally Posted by Westpark15 View Post
    hi i have an intermitent jamming issue.
    jam code 0000
    i have cleaned all the sensors in vertical pass and horizontal. i have taked the exit unit out and checked the sensors out.
    I cleaned all up put a 1000 test copies through no issue come to sign my jon off and bam paper jam was present but nothing was printing and no paper anywhere.
    anyone help would be apreciated

Thanks nigel.

Hi Nigel,

I've had the same problem.
    In my case it was one of the two sensors in on the exit unit.
    These will malfunction after a while.
    If u let the machine cool down they will resume working.
    But u should replace them.
    If u want to make sure u should test them in maintenance mode U031 when the problem occurs.
    There should only be 1 sensor (exit job separator) active if u don't have a finisher attached.
    If Exit feed or exit paper is active that sensor will be malfunctioning.

i hope this can help u
    grtz Tim

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nrg View Post
    Hi Nigel,

I've had the same problem.
    In my case it was one of the two sensors in on the exit unit.
    These will malfunction after a while.
    If u let the machine cool down they will resume working.
    But u should replace them.
    If u want to make sure u should test them in maintenance mode U031 when the problem occurs.
    There should only be 1 sensor (exit job separator) active if u don't have a finisher attached.
    If Exit feed or exit paper is active that sensor will be malfunctioning.

i hope this can help u
    grtz Tim

yeah... i completely agree with you i face this problem 2 times... i change the exit job separator sensor.. it has two sensor one on the middle and another one the side... you have trouble shoot by manual triggering.. with the paper...

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Those are the same bad exit sensors as used on the f4's....try using the exit sensor for the f3's and it won't fail again
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Those are the same bad exit sensors as used on the f4's....try using the exit sensor for the f3's and it won't fail again
    Hi All sorry to jump in on this thread. i am having the same issue with the Olivetti equivalent of the task alfa 3500i. it is stuck in the J0000 and it will not clear. my engineer in belfast has been fault finding this all day and i have to go and look tomorrow to try and help him. cant print off the jam history list as it is stuck on this code. and i think he may have cleared the history log anyway....( i kNOw)
    should i be looking at these exit sensors first. i have been told replacing the fuser may help my cause so i am bringing one with me..

any help greatly appreciated

colin

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    As you probably already know, J0000 is a non-specific jam, indicating paper present at power On. It does not indicate a specific location, just that paper was present somewhere at power On.

Usually, if a person were to print off the jam log they would see that preceding the J0000 there is a paper jam that occurred with a different code, a code that the person could look up then identify the original jam. That same person might notice that there was an error condition that occurred just before the J0000. But that person would not have that information if they fibbed about printing off the event log because they didn't know how.

J0000 is a consequence of power being turned off with jammed paper left in the machine, not a cause. From what you've said, the only thing we know for sure, is that your enduser powers off the machine each time the jam or error occurs. If you really want help, swallow your pride and go print the event log. =^..^=

:: I'm bumping this thread in hopes that someone has received updated information about this error. ::

So far, we've been to the site three times for the same issue and just got another call this morning for the same issue. This is a random error that occurs in between 2 to 160 pages thus far. The only other code on the event log is a 9610 which was well over 10k pages ago and only applies to the DP.

We have cleaned all rollers available, checked all sensors, and updated the firmware. We've checked for possible solutions from everyone's advice on this thread (such as power problems, the exit job separator being the only active switch, etc...) and we are still getting this random j0000.

Exact details as I can remember:
    j0000 paper jam pops up randomly during printing or receiving faxes, not on initial power up.
    There has not been paper found in any jam since j0000 besides the one below.
    At an attempt to find the issue, I sent a fax and canceled immediately in order to send paper to the fax tray. Paper jammed and I got a j4713 error, but once the paper was pulled and door closed, we got the j0000 error immediately afterwards. Seemed like a false alarm but maybe that helps.
    There is no dehumidifier and the lady at the front desk keeps a heater by her feet which is near the printer. Humidity seemed to be a semi-logical answer to the error, until we realized how random the errors occurred. (From in between every 2 pages to 160 pages and anywhere from 8:00am to 6:00pm.)

I can't think of anything else. But if you have questions or need more info before you can provide an answer please feel free to ask. ANY help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

HI ALL,

problem should be solved by exchanging the exit unit by a brand new one.

have fun

And Blackcat freaked the begesus out of the original poster. Hehe funny as hell! Worked on those for about a year new machines only 3500i did not ever had any trouble with them except for feed tyres getting used up. Love Konica Minolta machines but have to say KM makes a mean machine. Would like to see a copy of an event log tho.