Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: FS 1135

FS 1135

I have four FS 1135's doing the same thing. The paper jams coming out of the tray in the paper entrance guide, way before the registration roller. It is putting a small tear or a dimple about three inches in on the left side on the lead edge. I tried a new cassette, and feed section with no luck. Works fine in the manual feed tray. It does not happen every copy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: FS 1135

Replace the clutches.

Technician

WP_000180.jpgWe replaced all the drive, and all the guides and rollers in the machine feed section and still had the nicking and jamming.
    what we did as a test was to install a mylar over the sep assy and the cassette base. hard to see but is in the middle of the image. This stopped the nicking and jamming on the two machines we were having trouble with. One of them has run over 6k with no jams or nicks. I am sending this to our Region Rep so maybe someone in KM can figure out why only some machines have the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayens View Post
    WP_000180.jpgWe replaced all the drive, and all the guides and rollers in the machine feed section and still had the nicking and jamming.
    what we did as a test was to install a mylar over the sep assy and the cassette base. hard to see but is in the middle of the image. This stopped the nicking and jamming on the two machines we were having trouble with. One of them has run over 6k with no jams or nicks. I am sending this to our Region Rep so maybe someone in KM can figure out why only some machines have the issue.
    Thanks I will give that a shot. Really appreciate the tip!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayens View Post
    Have you tried removing mp tray and making sure there isn't anything in the way like paper or labels?

Post Re: FS 1135

Need to replace mylars right before registration rollers, bypass section has to be remove to be able to replace.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    FS 1135

Hector L is correct, it is a bent mylar guide just before the registration rollers. Easy way to detect this is to leave tray 1 empty and copy/print from tray 2/3. If feeding from Tray 1 does not cause a jam, but feeding from trays 2 or 3 jams then it is definitely a bent mylar guide before the registration roller. The problem is trays 2/3 feed rollers lose contact with the paper before it reaches the registration rollers and there is not enough drive to force the paper past the bent mylar. Tray 1 will work because of the shorter path and the cassette feed rollers assist in forcing the paper past the bent mylar guides.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FS 1135

accessing the reg path is a real pain.

TECH TIP:

for flipped mylars or piece of scrap paper shove the cardboard from a legal pad through the bypass to clear out any obstructions.