Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

DF-760 Jam 88 and sometimes 8050 error

Dear all,

Kyocera Taskalfa 520i DF760 giving Jam 88 and sometimes C8050 error.. When i start the copy Df motors starts running and giving jam 88 but their is no paper inside the df.. copy doesn't started.. their is no paper jam inside the machine also.. can anyone help me regarding this issue..

Thanks & Regards

kibbs

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: DF-760 Jam 88 and sometimes 8050 error

What does your manual say about the C-8050 error ... and J88?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check that the little metal stacker on the belt in the finisher is still attached. Think I remember this issue from a while ago. The metal stacker can either get hung up, the belt tensioner could need tightening or the stacker has broken off the belt.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    What does your manual say about the C-8050 error ... and J88?
    For jam and C 8050 Paper conveying belt motor 1 problemPaper conveying belt home position sensor
    1 does not turn off within 1.5 s.
    Paper conveying belt home position sensor
    1 does not turn on within 2.5 s.
    Jam 88 is indicated.

Defective paper
    conveying belt
    home position sensor
    Replace paper conveying belt home position
    sensor 1.

i swap with the new sensor... then also problem is same..

Please give your valuable advice to me blackcat..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevena86 View Post
    Check that the little metal stacker on the belt in the finisher is still attached. Think I remember this issue from a while ago. The metal stacker can either get hung up, the belt tensioner could need tightening or the stacker has broken off the belt.

Can you Post the picture... it could easy to troubleshoot and identify for me..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Normally I work on Konica's at my work, but if I happen to get in front of a Falcon 3 or 4 with a finisher on it I will take a picture of the area I believe the issue to be related to and post it here for you.

Otherwise, if you open the finisher door, and pull out the stacker unit, in the middle of it is a belt that runs all the way down, and if you rotate it, you will eventually see a metal bracket attached to the belt with some rivets. Just check to make sure it's still attached. Follow it all the way down and you'll see the arm it actuates to tell the sensor when it's at home and that's the sensor you might be having issue with.

It's the only belt I can think of in the finisher.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kibbs View Post
    For jam and C 8050 Paper conveying belt motor 1 problemPaper conveying belt home position sensor
    1 does not turn off within 1.5 s.
    Paper conveying belt home position sensor
    1 does not turn on within 2.5 s.
    Jam 88 is indicated.

Defective paper
    conveying belt
    home position sensor
    Replace paper conveying belt home position
    sensor 1.

i swap with the new sensor... then also problem is same..

Please give your valuable advice to me blackcat..
    You should include this information in your first post. I like to know that you've looked up the code and have made some attempt to fix it first, by yourself.

steven is correct, that the paper conveying belt is the belt that ejects the paper from the stapling tray. There are a few reasons why the paper might not eject:

1) The paper may curl excessively, not stacking neatly in the stapling tray. When the paper conveying belt attempts to eject the paper, the paper will not eject because it's bunched up in the tray. You have two possible solutions: Adjust de-curl rollers E1 & E2 to minimize paper curl. Or get paper that doesn't curl.

2) The side guides may be adjusted too tightly causing the paper to bunch up in the tray. Follow the directions to test the tray width guides in simulation U240. If you are unsatisfied with the width adjustment, the guides adjust individually in simulation U246

3) The metal plate attached to the belt that lifts the paper can get damaged by the enduser. If the plate happens to stop at the bottom of it's rotation during a jam, there is a red disk that becomes visible on the front of the stapling tray. This red disk is an indication to the customer that they need to rotate the handle on the front of the unit until the disk is green. Then the plate is clear, and the stapling tray can be pulled out.

If the customer disregards the red disk, or has never read that part of the operator's guide, then just yanks out the stapling tray it won't come out. And it will damage the metal plate. When you explain this to the enduser they'll say something like: "Nobody ever told me anything about that red disk!"

The thing is, it doesn't happen to stop in this position very often, and even if you had told the right person they wouldn't have remembered 36 months later. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You should include this information in your first post. I like to know that you've looked up the code and have made some attempt to fix it first, by yourself.

steven is correct, that the paper conveying belt is the belt that ejects the paper from the stapling tray. There are a few reasons why the paper might not eject:

1) The paper may curl excessively, not stacking neatly in the stapling tray. When the paper conveying belt attempts to eject the paper, the paper will not eject because it's bunched up in the tray. You have two possible solutions: Adjust de-curl rollers E1 & E2 to minimize paper curl. Or get paper that doesn't curl.

2) The side guides may be adjusted too tightly causing the paper to bunch up in the tray. Follow the directions to test the tray width guides in simulation U240. If you are unsatisfied with the width adjustment, the guides adjust individually in simulation U246

3) The metal plate attached to the belt that lifts the paper can get damaged by the enduser. If the plate happens to stop at the bottom of it's rotation during a jam, there is a red disk that becomes visible on the front of the stapling tray. This red disk is an indication to the customer that they need to rotate the handle on the front of the unit until the disk is green. Then the plate is clear, and the stapling tray can be pulled out.

If the customer disregards the red disk, or has never read that part of the operator's guide, then just yanks out the stapling tray it won't come out. And it will damage the metal plate. When you explain this to the enduser they'll say something like: "Nobody ever told me anything about that red disk!"

The thing is, it doesn't happen to stop in this position very often, and even if you had told the right person they wouldn't have remembered 36 months later. =^..^=
    Thanks for the helpful info..!! the problem i identified the belt not have the tension... when the motor rotate the belt doesn't move then i adjust the belt rollers and tightened the belt tension then my problem solved....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks a lot man it help me lot me to think...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Timing. The red disk is coming too early to the home position delaying the lift belt by more than 1.5 sec. I'm too pissed to fill in all the details, I've posted the solution on your other thread!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE