Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Kyocera Fax Woes

Firstly, the majority of the machines that we supply do not have/use a fax system as it is becoming less and less of a requirement with most of our users.

Of those that we do install with a fax I'd say around 95% of the time they work without any problems. We have however encountered the odd situation where they just do not seem to work, they get a line ok and attempt the send but return a no response error, message. More often than not these are on a shared broadband line that is patched into a network port. I have had some luck with decreasing the modem speed but this doesn't always work.

This isn't an issue I have had with a particular model, my current headache is with an FS-C2626MFP but I have experienced the same issues with FS-1128 and a few Taskalfa models. The other common theme in this scenario is that the customers old fax, normally a cheap Samsung/Panasonic model works like a charm.

Anyone have a superfix apart from use email?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Re: Kyocera Fax Woes

If your phone patch cable is a 4 wire cable you can have these type issues. Use the 2 wire patch cable that came with the fax board.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Check to see if you have a simulation called: U660 Set Calls, Exchange, set from PSTN to PBx. It took a while to find it. There is a treasure trove of poorly explained phone line accommodations, at least on the fax system M(2). Naturally, it's by trial and error finding the right combination of settings that help, rather than make it worse. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Disabling ECM will help also. I had one doing what you're describing. I tried everything, then the hotline had me do U600, which resolved the issues.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Thanks for the suggestions,

I'm using the 2 pin cable,

I blindly tried changing most of the settings, including taking off ECM but I don't think that changing the exchange to PBX was one of them although it was definitely an option so will give it a shot

Is there anything their telecoms provider could do on the line? This isn't my strong point but from what I gather they have a VOIP phone system but this is irrelevant as the fax line is the physical line that their broadband operates on, could VOIP still affect it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts brotherlarry's Avatar

I had the same problems with a km 2560 a couple of years ago spent hours with tech support. It was a high-bred voip system and yea the cheap HP all-in-ones worked great. Sent the fax board for repair, updated firmware yada-yada. The factory gave up, I replaced it with a Canon. I got the machine back to the shop it tested ok on a regular phone line, then hooked it up to magic-jack worked great. Oh yea before they updated the phone system it worked great.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

I have used MM612 to turn on the protocol list printout for errors. This can help determine where in the protocol list the job fails.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera Fax Woes

Cool Re: Kyocera Fax Woes

Sorted

They had a BT Redcare alarm system operating on the same line, the Recare site mentions a Modem Compatibility Device that should be used with fax machines on the same line but when I spoke with a few local companies that deal with redcare installations they either hadn't used it or said it wouldn't solve the problem.

redcare.jpg

Naturally I ignored their advice and ordered one in anyway, when I plugged it in the fax worked straight away without changing any settings, I dropped the modem speed afterwards for good luck but so far so good.