C5101. error on Ta4550ci

Have swapped Black charge roller and drum unit. Still getting error. Is it main HV. Pcb?

ISURFERDUDE

Re: C5101. error on Ta4550ci

There is a troubleshooting guide that Kyocera has for that model, the file size is 16 meg if you have an email I can scan you the pages that pertain to your issue.

Technician

Hi,

I have a 4550CI that gives an error C-5101

Mostly early in the morning immediatly after switching on the machine.
    Sometimes the machine works normal en it gives the error during a printjob.

I already replaced: Drumunit (incl. maincharger)
    main HV board
    engineboard
    main pwb.

........................but still the same code.

What can be the solution of this problem?

thanks in advance.

Grtz.

Dikyo
    Last edited by dikyo; 11-04-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Have swapped Black charge roller and drum unit. Still getting error. Is it main HV. Pcb?
    Hi Guys,

We had a TA4550ci with this error. It looks like we fixed it with the K main charge and resetting U930.

Our problem was we tried swapping out the K drum unit from another machine so we didnt reset U930, the error kept occurring and lead us down the HVT/Engine PWB/Drum Drive path with no results.

Its turned on this morning and worked perfectly.

The only other problem it had was faint black text on the first copy out after not being used for a few hours during the day which im guessing was tied in with the main charge issue, just not bad enough to bring up the error.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    C5101. error on Ta4550ci

uh...

It could be that its too cold and wet overnight. In the morning after room temperature warms up it has moisture in the system.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    uh...

It could be that its too cold and wet overnight. In the morning after room temperature warms up it has moisture in the system.
    Our machine reproduced the same error code in our workshop, 2 other taskalfa's next to it in the same conditions worked fine.

C5101. error on Ta4550ci

ah ok.

if anyone gets random c5101/2/3/4, check environment~~~ could be.
    Last edited by jmaister; 04-30-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Technician

ah ok.

if anyone gets random c5101/2/3/4, check environment~~~ could be.
    the fix for this is to reset the charge roller count when it has done over life. unfortunately the majority of engineers when changing the charge roller itself do not reset the count so the machine still thinks it has done many thousands of copies so it will try and compensate for this. there comes a point when the machine says the high voltage unit cant give anymore and it throws a charge code. if in a cold enviro what I did was to fit the tray heaters from an old voyager 2525 and enabled the tray heaters -job done good luck

C5101. error on Ta4550ci

Quote Originally Posted by GUNit View Post
    the fix for this is to reset the charge roller count when it has done over life. unfortunately the majority of engineers when changing the charge roller itself do not reset the count so the machine still thinks it has done many thousands of copies so it will try and compensate for this. there comes a point when the machine says the high voltage unit cant give anymore and it throws a charge code. if in a cold enviro what I did was to fit the tray heaters from an old voyager 2525 and enabled the tray heaters -job done good luck
    its uncanny how this worked right away. one color machine rebooted to this error code, replaced charge roller (but it came back few days later). The following visit u930 reset count executed, next reboot gave no problem and its been a week, no call back.

thx Kyocera engineer, another undocumented trick.

Technician

its uncanny how this worked right away. one color machine rebooted to this error code, replaced charge roller (but it came back few days later). The following visit u930 reset count executed, next reboot gave no problem and its been a week, no call back.

thx Kyocera engineer, another undocumented trick.
    Think the general rule to follow is if there is a counter for it then reset it, the great thing about digital is there are so many calibrations and compensations for aging and dirty optics etc going on in the background that a lot of engineers forget this. if you think back to the analogue days when your optics got dirty then you got crappy copies, especially in dusty enviros, whereas now with digital you don't. this is why when you clean the optics you need to do auto grey adjust just to bring back everything to base level again, just like saying ok the high voltage has adjusted enough for that 600k charge roller ill change it but I must tell the machine I have so it can once again return to base level and start recounting and compensating. hope this makes sense and glad you are up and running again.