Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera KM 2530 Error Code C6000

It will run a copy and the code out... (C6000) The copy it runs is not fusing well... Cleared the code U163... I replaced with a brand new fusing unit and it does the same thing. C6000 indicates that the heat lamp is having a problem. considering it's not fusing the toner very well (although the fuser is very hot to touch) Should I be looking at the main board or the power supply... Any suggestions ? Thanks so much for any input

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera KM 2530 Error Code C6000

Sooooooo, to recap: You get a C6000. You reset in sim U163. The fuser warms up after error is reset ... or not?

If yes, I'd check the wall AC power, possible zero cross condition (Poor grounding or out of phase).
    If no, you may have blown the thermal protection. Check the thermostat.

Is the enduser doing huge numbers of copies on heavy media, while set to plain paper media type? Possible, but unlikely: power supply failure. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sooooooo, to recap: You get a C6000. You reset in sim U163. The fuser warms up after error is reset ... or not?

If yes, I'd check the wall AC power, possible zero cross condition (Poor grounding or out of phase).
    If no, you may have blown the thermal protection. Check the thermostat.

Is the enduser doing huge numbers of copies on heavy media, while set to plain paper media type? Possible, but unlikely: power supply failure. =^..^=
    The old fuser and after I put the new fuser in it gets really hot but is not fusing in the middle of the copy (The edges are fine, feeding LEF looking at the paper the left and right edge are fine) So the heat decreases while the page is half way through the fuser. Also, if I just turn the machine on and off, the code clears (Without doing U163) and runs a few copies and the gives the C6000 error. I will look at the outlet tomorrow, sounds like it may be faulty...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    The old fuser and after I put the new fuser in it gets really hot but is not fusing in the middle of the copy (The edges are fine, feeding LEF looking at the paper the left and right edge are fine) So the heat decreases while the page is half way through the fuser. Also, if I just turn the machine on and off, the code clears (Without doing U163) and runs a few copies and the gives the C6000 error. I will look at the outlet tomorrow, sounds like it may be faulty...

please check the wall socket voltage. 110V or 220V if OK please replace power source PCB.

Thanks and Regards.

Rashid Iqbal