Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

FS-2126 prescribe reset

hey guys,

We had a tech sell an off-lease 2126, and it had a custom username and password. We tried doing the Account Reset and Engine reset prescribes, the account would error out, and the machine would respond to the engine reset, but it didnt alter the Username/Password.

So anyways we searched the prescribe program and couldnt identify anything we could use and finally called the help desk. The guy at the help desk was insistent on remoting in and doing it himself. We let him, and he used his own file, reset the machine, then deleted the file.

Im asking if anyone out there has this file or knows the command line. I find it ludicrous that they wouldnt provide their front-line guys the tools necessary to complete a job. I know the old ENRE command doesnt work on the 2535's, and Im not sure about 1135 or other desktop models, So I was hoping to have the closest thing to a universal prescribe command to reset these machines if we run into this again.

Re: FS-2126 prescribe reset

Good luck there. Our Rep came in to help us with an error they created with some custom firmware. We needed to remove a data security kit (not as easy as I though) and they had great reset (not the counters) firmware but they are very guarded with it and they are told they will be fired if that file ever gets out.

It's their master keys, I'd love to get it but I also understand why they won't let us. I think they are worried about people reverse engineering it and using it to reset counters.

I thought you could go in and reset the 3 memory chips and get the passwords back to stock? Then again, I've never tried on a printer or the small MFP's.

Stacey