Trusted Tech 50+ Posts blackandwhite's Avatar

Kyocera Taskalfa Color tables for new models....

color tables for new Taskalfa series....
    hai there....
    just i want to know about the color tables for new taskalfa series.....any one updated these tables...what about the result....

recently i am getting frequent call from a customer for a pdf print...when he is printing direct from USB its working fine..but print through KX driver quality is poor...HP and Konica machines are printing well ....

these color tables are available for all models are particular models?.....
    update please.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa Color tables for new models....

I would put them on and try. I have installed them on a couple of machines.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

The larger machines have a variety of color tables to choose from in the maintenance mode U485. You can setup two to choose from for both printing and copying.

Actually, I'm curious as to how each one affects the color reproduction. There's no documentation for the color tables that I could find on KDAconnect.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    color tables for new Taskalfa series....
    hai there....
    just i want to know about the color tables for new taskalfa series.....any one updated these tables...what about the result....

recently i am getting frequent call from a customer for a pdf print...when he is printing direct from USB its working fine..but print through KX driver quality is poor...HP and Konica machines are printing well ....

these color tables are available for all models are particular models?.....
    update please.....
    You might try changing the emulation, specifically checkmarking "GDI Compatibility". This can either by found in the printing preferences, or in printer properties --> device settings --> PDL... button depending on what version of the KX driver you have. I have a customer that is very very conscious about color matching from his monitor to the MFP. I have found that checking this box, in his case anyways, reproduces the colors much better (As well as using the RH color table). It also gets rid of weird anomalies that sometimes appear on the print such as fonts showing up as boxes, way-off colors, text boxes change the background color behind them, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    The larger machines have a variety of color tables to choose from in the maintenance mode U485. You can setup two to choose from for both printing and copying.

Actually, I'm curious as to how each one affects the color reproduction. There's no documentation for the color tables that I could find on KDAconnect.
    I've done what they call "Color blind tests" where you print off a set of Kyocera's sample images (Cans, surfing, and sushi) with each color table. Ask the customer to narrow down which TWO sets they like the most and set the machine for their #1 as the first color table and #2 as their second color table. The second color table can be accessed by going into the imaging tab in the print driver, set the color reproduction to "custom table". This takes a long time so I have only done it with two customers. They both chose the same two color tables they liked the most so I've just been setting every machine to those color tables out of the box. Everyone has their own opinion and own things they print. Kyocera's color table seems to be best for greens, CA for reds, and RH for blues, etc... There will never be a perfect option though.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

The color tables are meant to emulate other manufactures. So if your customer likes the way a cannon prints you can set the table to TYPE_CA which in turn makes the machine print more like a cannon prints.

Technician

ntbann is correct. We have a customer here in Houston, TX that had a Canon machine prior to getting the new TASKalfa 5551ci that they had printed their logo pages on. They really liked the result and color and there was a big difference between the Canon and Kyocera. Obtained info about the color tables in the SIM mode and changed it to emulate the Canon color table. Issue resolved and a very happy customer.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa Color tables for new models....

them tables seem to do more shifts in blue/cyan then other colours.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts blackandwhite's Avatar

Cool Re: Kyocera Taskalfa Color tables for new models....

Thanks guys,

let me try first the kyo colour table 2, and further i will go for other tables... by the way the other brand colour tables are available with Kyocera or third party....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    You might try changing the emulation, specifically checkmarking "GDI Compatibility". This can either by found in the printing preferences, or in printer properties --> device settings --> PDL... button depending on what version of the KX driver you have. I have a customer that is very very conscious about color matching from his monitor to the MFP. I have found that checking this box, in his case anyways, reproduces the colors much better (As well as using the RH color table). It also gets rid of weird anomalies that sometimes appear on the print such as fonts showing up as boxes, way-off colors, text boxes change the background color behind them, etc...

I've done what they call "Color blind tests" where you print off a set of Kyocera's sample images (Cans, surfing, and sushi) with each color table. Ask the customer to narrow down which TWO sets they like the most and set the machine for their #1 as the first color table and #2 as their second color table. The second color table can be accessed by going into the imaging tab in the print driver, set the color reproduction to "custom table". This takes a long time so I have only done it with two customers. They both chose the same two color tables they liked the most so I've just been setting every machine to those color tables out of the box. Everyone has their own opinion and own things they print. Kyocera's color table seems to be best for greens, CA for reds, and RH for blues, etc... There will never be a perfect option though.
    I did the color blind test as well. Only problem was, the damn customer picked the color table the machine was already set to, for which he called in bitching about in the first place. Some people..