Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera FS-C5100 error 7404

Hi all

Having a few issues with a Kyocera FS_C5100!

I was originally called out to investigate faint prints. All colours were really faint so I attended and cleaned the laser windows and tested fine.

A couple of days later they rang up and said it was faint again. The laser windows were not dirty and it only looked like the magenta and yellow were faint.

I returned to replace the yellow magenta and cyan developers, entered the new dev codes in 'DEV SET' and away we go. Back to normal.

Only now they report errors 7403 and 7404!

I am beginning to think we have faulty dev units for magenta and yellow as when I put the old ones back in, the printer works but faint poor quality colours!

I decided to put the new magenta dev back in and see what happens. It worked fine! So I then put in the yellow dev and it run a few prints then errored out on 7404. . . . .

They are using compatibles and I know they should be using genuine but would this make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS-C5100 error 7404

We had a similar problem with light prints on the C5350. The main charge corona's were absolutely pigging! You can get these out the side of the machine without removing everything. I would check those.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS-C5100 error 7404

Quote Originally Posted by D Colour View Post
    We had a similar problem with light prints on the C5350. The main charge corona's were absolutely pigging! You can get these out the side of the machine without removing everything. I would check those.
    Thanks!

i checked them and they are all clean...

i replaced the magenta and yellow Devs again with new and put in genuine toner and now it's working again.

only now I have 7401 which is black dev fault! The black dev unit is new too.

starting to think the comp toner is root cause of the problems .....