Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Taskalfa 2551ci dropping toner

Hi has anyone every had random toner spots on print outs.
    On arrival it seems ok but I've found a lot waste toner in the back of the drums.

Any ideas?

Re: Taskalfa 2551ci dropping toner

Update firmware

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

A little late on this but --

I've seen plenty of times where every now and then a dev unit puffs a little bit of toner out on 2550ci and 205/255c . Haven't noticed it on the new models yet, but when this happens I educate the customers to shake their toner before putting it in, then go to the dev unit(s) having trouble, tap it with a bit of force all along the top to loosen up the toner or foreign object and vacuum. Don't tend to get call backs after doing it. Then again, I always update firmware so that may be the solution as previously suggested.

Technician

This has become a common issue, many dealers are having this problem with toner smudge/dropping. I think it's actually more common than reported, most customers probably just live with it. The customers who can't accept this are however very psst off. No real fix at this moment???

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    A little late on this but --

I've seen plenty of times where every now and then a dev unit puffs a little bit of toner out on 2550ci and 205/255c . Haven't noticed it on the new models yet, but when this happens I educate the customers to shake their toner before putting it in, then go to the dev unit(s) having trouble, tap it with a bit of force all along the top to loosen up the toner or foreign object and vacuum. Don't tend to get call backs after doing it. Then again, I always update firmware so that may be the solution as previously suggested.
    We have a customer with a 255c and they had a big vertical yellow streak down their prints and copies.
    I noticed the "quality" design of the door "flaps" that these models use to keep the DV/Drum units in place/covered... It seems the secondary flap behind the main one comes undone, allowing what apparently is a dislodging of the Y DV unit.
    There was yellow toner *everywhere* inside this stinkin' thing, and re-securing the secondary flap (no easy task on this one) made the streak go away.
    I really dislike the way Kyo decided to implement this door flap design, it can create big issues like this. hint hint, Kyocera

Having to go back every week now for this 255c issue
    What's going on here?????
    Boss said to check drums so that they are seated all the way but there's no image issues,
    just the toner droppage and it's only Yellow.

Technician

Both the TASKalfa 2550ci and 2551ci has toner dropping issues. There is a new bulletin on the 2551ci announcing a "new" developer to resolve the issue.

Seems like this problem is going to stay with us for a while, firmware cant fix it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We have a 2550ci dropping toner we replaced all of the dev units twice for the issue but I am the only having the issue, at least that is what Kyocera told me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    If your getting colour streaks down the page there is a bulletin for a change of gear on the charge roller to stop vibration

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    We have a 2550ci dropping toner we replaced all of the dev units twice for the issue but I am the only having the issue, at least that is what Kyocera told me.
    Hilarious... - then ask them to take back your "monday" machine and replace it with a TASKalfa 3051ci for your troubles.