Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyoshiba CS 650c Smokey black print on large font.

securedownload.jpgI've attached an image of the problem for you to check out. Only on bold black print. I've replaced the drum, the developer,and the fuser (the consensus on a previous post) to no avail. I know 100% it's not the fuser, as the image is that way on the drum well before it hits the fuser. I also doubt very seriously that it's the xfer belt, as it only happens on black jobs. This led me to believe it was probably the developer, borrowed one from another customer, no change. Thinking perhaps a bad charge unit on the drum assy. Any advice would be appreciated, as long as you read the post in it's entirety, and don't start telling me to try something on the fuser, or developer. LoL Thanks again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyoshiba CS 650c Smokey black print on large font.

Re: Kyoshiba CS 650c Smokey black print on large font.

I'm not that familiar with the 650C, but it looks like you may need to clean the laser slit glass. A haze on the laser glass will disperse the beam and cause a loss of sharpness.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Haven't worked on 650c yet, but i would try with another drum charger 1st, and than clean the laser slit glass as darry mentioned. I guess you already did color calibration, half tone adjustment, color registration, adjust uneven density, etc.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It ended up being the LSU slit glass. Kinda sucks to get to with my big arms, and hands. Ended up removing the EPU, and Xfer unit. Manually rotating the LSU shutter gear to gain access to the K LSU slit glass. Thanks for the timely replies!