Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Ryan_hattingh

Taskalfa 2550ci jobs "hanging" on machine

Hey guys, I could use some help with this machine.

The machine is in an open office area where everyone (10 users) can print to it. We have picked up a problem where one user would print to the machine and the job will spool through, send to the machine, but hang once it hits the machine, stopping the workflow for all users until the machine gets reset so as to clear the job that caused the problem. This happens with random jobs and users (always one user at a time).

When I initially encountered the problem, I performed a format on the HDD, this seemed to fix the problem (at least temporarily).
    The problem returned a few days later, at which point I updated to the latest firmware. Again the problem seemed to be resolved.
    It has returned again.

The machine has the latest firmware and the client is running the latest KX drivers.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa 2550ci jobs "hanging" on machine

Any idea what program they're printing from when this happens?

I see this intermittently when customers are printing from IE. I ask them to use another browser as it's IE that has the problem not the copier.

Is it hanging up on the same document?

Many people use templates for forms, bulletins, newsletters, etc... They will constantly change only some parts of the document, re-save it, print it, and start all over. Eventually this will corrupt the file. The file can sometimes be saved as something else. If this doesn't work, they can try to use a previous version of the document and change what needs to be changed, or they may just have to start all over.

If the job is left to sit in the queue, do you ever get a PCL XL error page to print out? If yes, What does the error page say?

Every now and then one of my customers will get these PCL XL error pages to print out. It generally has something to do with either a picture, font, or if there is data loss from the PC to the copier. It should tell you on the error page what it's having a problem with. Sometimes changing the emulation, and/or checkmarking the GDI compatibility option solves problems like this. If it's a picture, it may simply have to be deleted from the document and imported again. If the problem is with data loss, then there's something between their PC and the copier that is either intermittently losing connection, or is causing a bottleneck. A continuous ping to the copier should determine if this is the case.

Any other information that may be relevant?

certified scrub 500+ Posts

check for the job stuck in Q, usually there's one. If its a server environment, go to services.msc and restart printer spooler.

>printing preferences> imaging > fonts > changed to download as bitmaps.

see if it helps.
    Last edited by jmaister; 06-24-2014 at 04:01 AM.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You've got a lot more legwork to do. Like JVergin says, you need to figure out what user, what application, what document, what driver, etc, etc, etc. It's going to narrow down to a single source like a online database, or a single Publisher document that has been saved and re-saved daily for years. Start digging through the print log. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=