Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    km 5050 will not print... or fax...

Ok... here is what I have done...
    customer complained that machine was unable to print or fax... after move...

I updated firmware... no change
    performed 20, 21, 906 and 163... no change

I found a working machine at shop... a km 3050... I took the dim... the hard drive and the ram... and 2 extra hard drives 80 gb each...
    I switched dim... no change...
    performed firmware upgrade... no change...
    switched ram... no change...
    performed firmware upgrade no change...
    switched hard drive no change...
    performed firmware upgrade no change...
    did the hard drive firmware thing three times... no change...

I took the machine back to the shop...
    took out the engine board I believe its called... checked all connections...

pulled the engine board ( board with ethernet port) from the km 3050 put the km 5050 engine board rom ( board with ethernet port) on it...
    stuck the km 3050 engine board( board with ethernet port) in the km 5050... now machine prints scans and copies... haven't checked the fax yet...

my question is there any way to unblock the original km 5050 engine board... ( board with ethernet port)
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have encountered a similar issue a few years back on this product...
    I don't recommend doing this normally and only did it as a last resort, I cleared the nvram!

Also worth a shot...
    I can't remember if this product has this feature .. But on Ricoh you can put on access control list ip range.
    And unless you put the machine in that range and laptop, if you are crossing over, you won't be able to communicate with the machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: km 5050 will not print... or fax...

The board with ports is the main board, engine is next to it. Sometimes it goes bad and you can't do anything untill you replace it. I've had instances where ethernet port dies but usb port still works on it, no error codes or anything.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    The board with ports is the main board, engine is next to it. Sometimes it goes bad and you can't do anything untill you replace it. I've had instances where ethernet port dies but usb port still works on it, no error codes or anything.
    Same situation. The machine printed to USB, but no longer communicated by TCP/IP. The enduser got a "good deal" on the machine because it couldn't print.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I have had this problem on two machines the solder connections on the main board for the ethernet RJ45 were "cold solder" joints I simply touched them up with a low watt soldering pencil and they have worked fine ever since 2+ years.

ok.... I started working more on the km 5050 today.... I started getting a cf630 when machine came out of sleep mode.... at this point... I decided to move back to the 3050... I felt that this was the most viable option... upon moving main board with nic and hard drive over... cf630 error followed... tried formatting... issue only went away... when I changed hard drive... is there any way to recover hard drive when this happens... I am thinking about formatting on pc and clearing it... but not sure if this is the best idea...

back to the km 5050... changing the hard drive might have been a good fit... but at that point my mgr said... lets go with what works.... so km 3050 was what happened...

I am curious does anyone here think that changing the km 5050 hard drive would have cleared up the error...??? keep in mind... I am using a km 3050 main board...

also how do I clear the nvram... ???

by the way I tried clearing the hard drive on the machine... with format... and all the other memory options...

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Possibly the key here is "after move"
    1. Does copier make copies with the CS/KM-5050 Main board?
    2. Have the RJ-45/USB connector pins been inspected for damage? sometimes users forget to disconnect before moving and damage the connector.
    3. Was DHCP on or off?
    4. By keeping the CS/KM-3050 main board in the copier you will only have a slower copier by twenty PPM.
    5. If it was working before it was moved it should work after the move, unless it was damaged or the parameters of operation have changed. You do not mention any attempt at viewing, checking or changing any of the network settings just attempting to upgrade the firmware a bazillion times, swapping HDD multiple times and downgrading the main PWB to30 PPM.

ALL MY RESPONSES ARE IN RED... AND I AM NOT SHOUTING... CAPS LOCK JUST STUCK

Possibly the key here is "after move"
    BEFORE MOVE... NOTHING WORKED... AFTER MOVE CHANGED BOARDS... SWITCHED ROMS... PRINT WORK... SCAN WORK... FAX STILL DEAD... SWITCHED FAX BOARD... FAX WORK... ONLY ISSUE... WHEN COMING OUT OF SLEEP MODE FIRMWARE ERROR... MACHINE LOCKED UP...

1. Does copier make copies with the CS/KM-5050 Main board? YES

2. Have the RJ-45/USB connector pins been inspected for damage? sometimes users forget to disconnect before moving and damage the connector.NO BUT WILL CHECK ON MONDAY

3. Was DHCP on or off?IN BOTH CASES NO PRINTS BEFORE MOVE

4. By keeping the CS/KM-3050 main board in the copier you will only have a slower copier by twenty PPM. YES IT WILL BE SLOWER BUT IT WILL HAVE FIRMWARE GLITCHES WHEN COMING OUT OF SLEEP MODE...

5. If it was working before it was moved it should work after the move, unless it was damaged or the parameters of operation have changed. You do not mention any attempt at viewing, checking or changing any of the network settings just attempting to upgrade the firmware a bazillion times, swapping HDD multiple times and downgrading the main PWB to30 PPM. NETWORK SETTING CHANGES WERE APPLIED PREVIOUS TO THE MOVE.... THEY HELD WHEN STATIC AND DID NOT CHANGE WHEN DHCP... BUT MADE NO DIFFERENCE AS TO PRINTING... MACHINE STILL NOT PINGABLE OR DETECTABLE ON NETWORK.. THIS WAS ALL DONE PREVIOUS TO MOVE... I APPOLOGIZE FOR ANY CONFUSION...

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

This explains my confusion.

Ok... here is what I have done...
    customer complained that machine was unable to print or fax... after move...

This indicates to me that everything was working until the machine was moved.

If the RJ45 is not damaged sounds like the Network IC has gone bad.