Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Setting up a KM 2530 on Mac OSX 10.8 for printing scanning or am I wasting my tim

The printer won't show up directly hooked to the laptop. I did a fresh installation of the driver package as well. I tried both ethernet ports, just to make sure. On another great note, my other printer no longer works and now the airport extreme will not factory reset. Lovely.

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Re: Setting up a KM 2530 on Mac OSX 10.8 for printing scanning or am I wasting my tim

Quote Originally Posted by Strouty View Post
    The printer won't show up directly hooked to the laptop. I did a fresh installation of the driver package as well. I tried both ethernet ports, just to make sure. On another great note, my other printer no longer works and now the airport extreme will not factory reset. Lovely.
    You do realize that you are working with a twelve year old copier and that technology has changed a bit in those twelve years, that being said the Print system "N" has had some thermal issues and is far from current technology and the Scan system "B" usually has no major issues. As for wasting your time, yes you could be and wasting the customers time as well. The Falcon 1 series while being an excellent copier is well past its prime. I would think that it would be time to upgrade this customer to a Falcon three, something along the lines of the KM-4050 or newer. This is an excellent copier and Scanning and Printing is embedded on the main board utilizing one network connection. Just my thoughts

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kkendric View Post
    You do realize that you are working with a twelve year old copier and that technology has changed a bit in those twelve years, that being said the Print system "N" has had some thermal issues and is far from current technology and the Scan system "B" usually has no major issues. As for wasting your time, yes you could be and wasting the customers time as well. The Falcon 1 series while being an excellent copier is well past its prime. I would think that it would be time to upgrade this customer to a Falcon three, something along the lines of the KM-4050 or newer. This is an excellent copier and Scanning and Printing is embedded on the main board utilizing one network connection. Just my thoughts

Yeah, the customer is a real asshat and won't upgrade. Wait, I am the customer, regardless, I only need it once and a while. It has very low count and is in overall good condition. If I can get it to print, I would love it. I am very, very low use as far as copies and prints go. I might do 4k a year. I just needed the 11 x 17 because we get 24 x 36 blueprints and they can't be read if you print them out on regular sized paper.

If I was to upgrade, it would be to a color unit, then I would consolidate my other color laser printer. I do not want to go with a inkjet printer because the ink bleeds.

I do need to be able to copy and scan, but rarely at 11 x 17. If I can make the old girl print that will be good enough for now. When I bought it, it was being used as a network printer for a small machine shop's office. They had it networked, but it was all windows XP computers and wired ethernet. So I know it works, just need to convince the "customer" to pay a real tech (if I can find a local one) to set it up.

Technician

I know this is an old thread, but I finally got a tech out to help me set things up. He could not get it working and thought my router was causing the troubles. We used a crossover cable and confirmed that it does print form my mac. I figured I would try a new router, the airport extreme was not seeing the KM2530 at all. Well this all happened on Friday and today when I came into the office to setup the new router, I found all the LAN connections were lit up. I looked at the copier and it had acquired an IP??? Anyways now I can print wirelessly. I did not have time to have him setup the scanner. Anyone willing to work with me?

I went through the video that habik created, I set everything up, but I am on a much older scan program and the settings are not like what they showed in the video. I will post a screen shot of what I have. Hopefully I can make this work. Thanks again.

Technician

Here are some of the screenshots.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You can use SMB for scanning.

First of all, follow this:

Cammodude's Blog: OS X 10.9 Mavericks Workaround for SMB

Next, do this!:

Scan to Yosemite

Remember you can also manage your printer(s) through "localhost:631" which you can enter into the URL bar of your Safari Web browser!...read here!:

https://lapserv.maths.cam.ac.uk/docs/osxprint108.html

Run AirPrint host from PC:

Airprint for Windows PC

Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by qbert69; 06-02-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Correct Link!

Technician

Thanks for the tips. I will check them out and try to make things work.