Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fixitguy

CS-3060 "Program Loading" on LCD

I have a pair of copy star CS-3060 copiers that are both having the same problem. When you power up the machine, the LCD shows “Program Loading” and that message stays on the LCD and does not change state. We have traded out the control panel, the memory, the hard drive and have tried to upgrade the machine firmware to no avail. When going through the recovery process as stated in the tech. bulletins, the machine acts as though it is not taking the upgrade. We even tried to only load the MMII memory as instructed by tech. support. I have checked to make sure my compact flash card was working by upgrading the firmware of another CS-3060. Any help?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: CS-3060 "Program Loading" on LCD

I suggest you should replace new hard drive and update the firmware.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Underneath the panel there is a small, tiny switch called the boot switch. You may need to remove the panel the first time you try to locate it, but it's only necessary to remove the lower part of the cover. Toggle the switch and power the machine on, wait until the memory light quits flashing and stays solid. Turn the power off, toggle the switch and then load your USB stick with current firmware into the side panel and turn the machine on. There will be little sign of anything happening for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes the panel firmware will begin loading and you will see progress on the panel. When it finishes, you should be good to go.

fixitguy

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Underneath the panel there is a small, tiny switch called the boot switch. You may need to remove the panel the first time you try to locate it, but it's only necessary to remove the lower part of the cover. Toggle the switch and power the machine on, wait until the memory light quits flashing and stays solid. Turn the power off, toggle the switch and then load your USB stick with current firmware into the side panel and turn the machine on. There will be little sign of anything happening for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes the panel firmware will begin loading and you will see progress on the panel. When it finishes, you should be good to go.
    I have performed this procedure several times. it responds up until I go to put in the card. Memory light flashes and then stays on after about a minute to a minute and a half. Turn off machine,unplug, change switch to "normal", put in compact flash, plug in machine and turn on. At this point, the machine powers up and shows "program loading" with no change no matter how long I leave the machine on. It's like the card is not seen by the machine. I have checked this compact flash card by updating the firmware on a working CS-3060. ?????

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If memory serves me well there is flash slot on motherboard. Have you tried it?
    And when you toggle the switch I presume you have the machine powered down whilst inserting the compact flash.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Had one like this. Had to replaced lv power supply pcb. electrical knocked out 5v to read usb or compact flash.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixitguy View Post
    I have performed this procedure several times. it responds up until I go to put in the card. Memory light flashes and then stays on after about a minute to a minute and a half. Turn off machine,unplug, change switch to "normal", put in compact flash, plug in machine and turn on. At this point, the machine powers up and shows "program loading" with no change no matter how long I leave the machine on. It's like the card is not seen by the machine. I have checked this compact flash card by updating the firmware on a working CS-3060. ?????

Guy please how did you solve this problem? we are facing a problem like this now.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by fixitguy View Post

--This update procedure may take long time, just leave the compact flash updating once it may finish after 30 minutes or more--

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

If you have performed this procedure correctly and it still fails you may have defective disk drives, F-DIMM's, etc.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

kkendric is i belive right on the money. Check the drives you are installing on a computer before installing on the machine. Format the drive i belive in fat32 and don't assign a drive letter to it. do a scandisk on it and veryify no bad sectors ect. then install it on the machine. For checking the problem, you can take the hard drive cable from the other machine and hook up the drive temporary outside and power up the machine. [so you don't have to remove the mainboard to install the hard drive]
    Most of the time this problem is with the hard drive and very rare boot dimm on the main board. If it is the hard drive though, it will code out.