Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

taskalpha 2550ci scan quality

My co-worker is handing off a call to me tomorrow that scans to email off glass fine, copies off glass fine, copies through doc feeder fine but when he scans through doc feed to email it comes out with dark grainy backround. He tried the doc feed luminosity adjust code 074, no difference. this is a new machine, updated firmware. any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance, never saw this problem before.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    taskalpha 2550ci scan quality

Re: taskalpha 2550ci scan quality

Make sure the collared screw is in the correct spot. I've seen them installed backwards & it caused an image problem & I believe that was the symptom.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

I had the exact same problem on one of the older KM2050's, I had to replace the ccd.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Post a sample if you can. Does i it happen on b/w or color scanning? yes, it matters, cause if it's color scans only, it can be fixed from the diagnostics.

Yes the CQ is on color scan only but the yellow lines appear very faintly in B&W(as black lines). Copies are the same in color through doc feeder only. I am trying to attach a file here so you can see the mess.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

First you need to give the slit glass a good cleaning both sides, use some alcohol liquid. Also flip the big glass and check the white strip on the left edge, it has to be clean. And last, check the white reference on the doc feeder (it's the metal that lays down on the slit glass).

Red face Re: taskalpha 2550ci scan quality

Quote Originally Posted by michaelngun2121 View Post
    My co-worker is handing off a call to me tomorrow that scans to email off glass fine, copies off glass fine, copies through doc feeder fine but when he scans through doc feed to email it comes out with dark grainy backround. He tried the doc feed luminosity adjust code 074, no difference. this is a new machine, updated firmware. any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance, never saw this problem before.

Problem solved, Usually the strangest problems are the stupidest problems. K.I.S.S. The scan lock was not fully disengaged by the set up person. This model has the scan lock on the rear of machine that releases a hook on the back of scan mirror. The hook was hitting the lock rail preventing scanner from hitting its alignment to slit glass!! I was on the right track though, I was trying code 68 for scanner alignment using DP.

THANKS EVERYONE!! you guys are awesome