Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Kyocera CS 455ci Cassette Feed Order Problem

TITLE TYPO: Should be "4551ci"

I'm trying to set up this machine the following way:

There are 4 cassettes: 2 plain letter, 1 letterhead letter and 1 plain legal. First, the customer wants it so that when paper to be copied is loaded into the ADF in portrait the copy is made on PLAIN letter and when it's loaded in landscape they want it to be copied onto the letterhead letter. All copies are default B&W, by the way.

Also, when printing they want default color to pull from one of the plain letter cassettes and when that primary cassette goes empty they want it to roll over to the secondary plain letter. BUT, if that cassette runs out they want it to stop printing instead of printing onto the letterhead (that's the closest I could get to the optimal solution--i.e. everything else works the way they want except prints will overflow to letterhead when all plain paper runs out). It just seems like I get one part working right and then I change a setting and it "breaks" the other part. I'm starting to wonder if this precise setup is even possible without some sort of workaround (like leaving a tray empty or something similar).

Is this possible with this machine? If so, what combination of settings could I use to make this work? If anyone needs any more info on the settings I'm using or anything else in order to help me out just let me know and I'll gladly provide.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Lepton; 08-08-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera CS 455ci Cassette Feed Order Problem

Let's start with a valid model number. How about a CS-4550ci or CS-4551ci? There is no CS455ci.

You have some tools at your disposal. The exact combination will be in your hands.
    1) Cassette Grouping: Go to the web interface > Paper tab. From there you can create "groups" that will cassette switch.
    2) Media type: Use this tool to specifically block cassette switching. For example, setting a media type as Letterhead, then setting the default in your driver as Plain will block paper from being drawn from the letterhead cassette.
    3) If you forbid Auto Rotate, in original handling, you should have no trouble getting the paper to draw from the matching cassette.
    4) On older Kyoceras you can use the FRPO command R1 to specify exactly which trays you'd like to switch. Since you haven't specified a valid model, i don't know how old your model is.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Let's start with a valid model number. How about a CS-4550ci or CS-4551ci? There is no CS455ci.

You have some tools at your disposal. The exact combination will be in your hands.
    1) Cassette Grouping: Go to the web interface > Paper tab. From there you can create "groups" that will cassette switch.
    2) Media type: Use this tool to specifically block cassette switching. For example, setting a media type as Letterhead, then setting the default in your driver as Plain will block paper from being drawn from the letterhead cassette.
    3) If you forbid Auto Rotate, in original handling, you should have no trouble getting the paper to draw from the matching cassette.
    4) On older Kyoceras you can use the FRPO command R1 to specify exactly which trays you'd like to switch. Since you haven't specified a valid model, i don't know how old your model is.

=^..^=
    I am aware that "455ci" does not exist. Thank you. That was a typo probably caused in part by my typing all this on a phone (try it--it's a pain in the arse). Internet access is expensive...

Please note the correction (4551ci) and thank you for your reply!

EDIT:

Ah ha! I remember seeing that on the HTTP page! I should've checked it before assuming the same could be done from the machine's console. But by the time I started to get frustrated everyone had already left for the day (including the person whose computer I was using for network access). I will go by in the morning and set it up correctly and post back here how it goes.

I didn't see a way to edit the title of my post so is there a moderator out there who could help me out with that so it doesn't create confusion in the future? Thanks again...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You're welcome. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=