Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TA 400ci Developer units

Unhappy TA 400ci Developer units

Hi All,

I have 2 Task Alfa 400ci that have had the same issues. NOTE only Original toner used
    First I had a C7000 code, Toner motor. I checked the toner cartridge and it turned at the feed screw OK. I checked the TD sensor and the values were 400, low but acceptable as set point is 502. Pulled the balck developer unit and it was packed with toner. Cleaned out the excessive toner and it was fine. Now both machines received a MK A n April, 2 different occasion due to the same issue.
    Has anyone had these problems?

Thanks,
    Larhal

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: TA 400ci Developer units

C7000 codes are typically due to a developer motor blowing on the copier. If you are getting excess toner in the developer unit thats because the developer motor on that particular unit isnt turning anymore to process the toner onto the transfer belt. So it overfills, and causes the toner motor to lock up, giving you a C7000 code.

Now there is a chance the actual toner motor itself goes bad, but if you had overfilled developer units, then the motor was functioning correctly. The black has its own motor, and the colors have their own motor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TA 400ci Developer units

Hi,

I did check the Developer motors from the back and put some load on them and no stalling. Why would it be that when I replaced the developer units all was well but 4 months later it happened again, the same 2 machines.
    Initially I thought the TD sensor went out of the 1st units. this would cause an overload and backing up of the toner in the developer units. When that happened the Toner motor(C7000) would stall cause it has no please to push the toner into the developer.

When I removed the 2nd developer I vac out the inlet of the toner area and it worked fine. I checked the drive gear in the machine for the developer unit and it was OK, Sometimes they break.

Still perplexed.

Thanks,
    Larhal

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So if i gather what you are saying correctly, You got the code, replaced all the developers, and 4 months later, got the code again? and both times toner was overfilled in the developer?

If the answer is yes to those questions then it is likely a developer motor going out. There is an extensive bulletin on KDA connect about them.

are these machines in two completely different locations? are they at the same customer? are they side by side plugged into the same wall socket?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    TA 400ci Developer units

Hi ClarkIR,
    Do you have the SB, AS we are a Ricoh dealer, Boss has not got to KYO yet so I don't have access. I just got stuck taking care of these machines. I do have all the service manuals but not access to the KYO site.

Both machines, different sites, not related.

I will order a K developer motor today.

Thanks and Any Help greatly appreciated.

Larhal

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

In your case it's definitely the developer motor. Kyocera fixed it with new style motors. Same thing goes for cleaning motors (in case you get codes pointing to it). You can find several threads on that issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

monstott2010

could be motors as stated, or could be a drive issue.. check the dev drive gears to make sure the retaining ring is not allowing the pin to slip out.. have had this happen multiple times... will work off/on for a while until the pin finally falls all the way out...

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    TA 400ci Developer units

1. export all your setting to the usb u917.
    2. f/w update
    3. format everything
    4. import settings u917
    5. restore network function.

reason for being somebody touched your maintenance mode values. DLPs are being overfilled.

Just another thought.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.