Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera FS-1370DN rapid thumping noise

Hi everyone,

I've got a Kyocera FS-1370DN which is making a rapid thumping noise. I am 140% sure it's caused by the gear on the left side of the transfer roller. I also believe that I know why it's doing it, but can't figure out how to stop it.

The lever which holds the left side down is pushing down on the '+' looking protrusion on the gear. The manual says you need to make sure that the "Z16 gear is pushed underneath the lever" which is what is happening.

Unfortunately, to me that is what seems to be making the noise. I have a feeling something is missing off of that gear protrusion. Like something round instead.

The parts lists doesn't show that end of the gear, so I can't tell. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm sorta stumped.

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera FS-1370DN rapid thumping noise

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    ...The lever which holds the left side down is pushing down on the '+' looking protrusion on the gear. The manual says you need to make sure that the "Z16 gear is pushed underneath the lever" which is what is happening.

Unfortunately, to me that is what seems to be making the noise. I have a feeling something is missing off of that gear protrusion. Like something round instead....
    There's not anything missing. The level hold the transfer roller in position by pushing '+' looking protrusion on the gear. When you set drum unit, it will push the level and transfer roller contact with drum surface, gear Z16 contact with drum gear.

Re: Kyocera FS-1370DN rapid thumping noise

Thanks for the quick reply laitang.

It turns out a re-manufactured toner cartridge is at fault here. Explains the failed dev unit too.

Cheers,