Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM6030 on MAC OSX 10.9.4 printing Excel document with shfill offending command

Hi There

Have a customer running on OSX 10.9.4 and have a problem printing a specific document from Excel (2008) it is giving Error Offending Command Limit Check / Sending command - shfill Stack.
    I have had this issue with Windows before but never on Mac. My solution was to use PCL driver on Windows machine.
    On this machine I have guided customer to change emulation from KPDL (Auto) (with Alternative Emulation PCL6)) to just PCL 6 and it printed a lot of gibberish pages.
    Driver version 8.4 is used on OSX 10.9.4 and it is a standard setup KPDL with Finisher option
    Can print any other documents no problem just this one is giving headache. Funny enough the same doc can be printer on OSX 10.7.5 from Excell 2011

Tried Re- installing printer driver and also tried using Generic Post script driver all the same.
    Tried Exporting to PDF and when pdf printed same result. Command shfill stack error.

Excel document is containing some sort of background (image) ? and is essential in the document!

Many thank you for any kind of advise..

I hardly get stuck for words over telephone with customer, this issue stroke me to the ground level.
    Last edited by habik; 09-26-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding content
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: KM6030 on MAC OSX 10.9.4 printing Excel document with shfill offending command

I would suspect that part of the problem is that the Harrier is a PostScript2 machine, and the new driver may be a PostScript3 output. Have you tried installing CutePDF, then converting your Excel docs to PDF's before sending to print? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well we have exported the file from Excel directly and same issue happened! But I wonder, would CutePDF make a different postscript? And how come the same driver works on 10.7 osx but doesn't on 10.9 just on this specific document..

The last thing I can think of is reloading firmware and try again but have very little hopes since any other excel doc prints just fine.

Could a Macro within the sheet create a loop or a havoc causing the command to fail to finish or start ..

Shame its 2.5 hr trip and remote connection is not strong enough to share screen.

I have feeling it is MS Excel issue.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: KM6030 on MAC OSX 10.9.4 printing Excel document with shfill offending command

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Well we have exported the file from Excel directly and same issue happened! But I wonder, would CutePDF make a different postscript? And how come the same driver works on 10.7 osx but doesn't on 10.9 just on this specific document..

The last thing I can think of is reloading firmware and try again but have very little hopes since any other excel doc prints just fine.

Could a Macro within the sheet create a loop or a havoc causing the command to fail to finish or start ..

Shame its 2.5 hr trip and remote connection is not strong enough to share screen.

I have feeling it is MS Excel issue.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I missed the part about one specific document.

It would be interesting to set up different print areas to see if the cell content made any difference. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=