Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar

km-3650w (wide format) poor copy quality

I have to tell ya'll, as much as i hate to say it, this one has been beating my ass off and on for a while now.. been working on it in shop when i can, which hasn't been too often lately..lol when ya look at the example, ya will see two different boxes that are surrounding one of the image problems i'm having. the image isn't transferring properly at one point and is being super-imposed over the image with the next revolution of the drum. ( I have checked the distance to ensure that it matches the circumference of the drum ) also, i have not marked the other quality errors that are present, but they are in the same line accross the sheet as the marked areas, just not as noticeable. supposedly, all of this started shortly after a p/m kit was installed. i thought at first it was moisture in paper due to shapes of quality defect always being the same, but was told that someone had changed paper roll, and it did not change. all appears to be functioning properly but haven't been able to pinpoint problem. I'm leaning towards a dum but I have never been one to just "throw" parts at copiers and at 790.00 for a drum, i ain't about to start. have any of ya'll seen or heard of what may be causing my problem here? as always, any help is appreciated.

I would say that the density is too high. I had the same problem the toner was so heavy on the paper that the fuser was completly removing lines and then redepositing them futher down the page

It looked like a fusing problem to me too but the distance between the missing image and the image stamping matches the drum O.D. and not the heat roller O.D. and that's what is really giving me the head ache.. all coronas were replaced and set heights to correct mm's and grid to correct tension. have also set the regulation roller tension in the developer unit to specs so that there is the correct amount of toner on the development roller so as to not overtone the image. thanks for the help..

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    This is a Kip 3000 machine rebadged. Here is a web site (forum) that has a lot of good info on it.
    KeepItPrinting.com :: Index

Check the drum cleaning roller and replace it does not look like a single spot that is causing this it appears to go all the way across the page. ( look at the letters that are missing). the first rotation or two does not have that issue so I would look at that roller before the drum.

This machine (not sure how familiar you are with it) uses this cleaning roller instead of a blade then at the end of the print job it changes the voltages to pull this "waste" toner and redeposit it back into the main developer station for reuse. No waste toner bottle or waste augers to worry about.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

thank you.

Finally got the bastard !!! After finally getting the time, I camped out on this thing for 2 whole days going through everything from top to bottom. I even had a customer who was nice enough to let me put the fuser, trans/sep, drum, developer and the complete roll deck ass'y into their machine to test and see if problem followed the parts. No such luck. Found that the screw that holds the middle support bracket for the resist roller was missing. It had the screw holding it down onto the main frame pan but not the screw holding it to the step of the pan. I still don't believe that's it but that was all that was added and since then i've made over 75 prints without any voids. Where as before, I'd make 2 or 3 before it would have a void. It appeared as though when the paper went through he section, it was buckled upward so as not to transfer the image properly. I've put an image on here so you can see which screw and bracket i'm talking about.(#31 is the screw and #16 is the bracket-- middle of picture) Just wanted to give ya'll an update on this beast and tell ya that I appreciated your inputs.. Like I said, I don't believe it yet, but time will tell..

dbuque
    Hi!
    Why that screw was missing? it wasn't there from the beginning or someone forgot to put it in place after servicing before you?

Well, it's been a while now but as far as I knew, there wasn't any other techs that had been digging into that machine that far. Haven't had the problem since though. To me, it didn't make any sense at all but who knows.. Go figure.

solution23

Unhappy Missing screw

Our copy shop machine never had one there either. I have a ghosting problem about 6" down close to the middle. Repeats the size of the drum. Have tried new cleaning roller, drum, charge wires, new dev roller, set all the voltages correctly nothing fixes it.

Well, ya may want to try adding the screw. Like I said, it didn't make any sense to me but I haven't had any problems with it since (knock on wood).. Now that I've talked about it, I'll probably get a damn service call on it today.. LOL.. Funny how that works, ain't it?..