Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Defective Technician 50+ Posts

CS 3010 paper feed noise

Machine was installed new a month ago, the noise started a week later. As the paper feeds up to the registration/drum area it makes a noise similar to the noise a Falcon feed unit makes with bad separation rollers, except it's post feed. The strange thing is it only happens from the Cassette 1 and only with letter size, not r, legal or ledger. There is no noise from cassette 2 or bypass with any size. Swapped cassettes and feed units, didn't help, the noise is still letter only from top cassette. The upper feed uses a guide just above the removable feed unit, and it has a clear piece of Mylar adhered to it. I found this Mylar was "bowed" in the center because somehow it either separated from the guide or was never really attached properly when assembled. I was able to push it flush against the guide and since this is where the noise seemed to be coming from I though I fixed it. After a few copies the noise was back, just a little quieter, so it seems that this is the cause. Anyone had an issue with this yet? Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CS 3010 paper feed noise

Re: CS 3010 paper feed noise

Replace the mylar I keep a stock of mylars from PM kits for occasion like these!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE