Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Requesting help with KM-2530 (networkability?)

"Can you check for me what number you have in Service mode under simulation 265?"

To answer your question Habik:

Did you mean the 1087 1087 mode?

If so 265 has a button for No (blue).

Then values - 2 (white) and 2 (blue)

Then arrows up and down to move these two values

So the consensus is that this board regardless of what model it came out of or what firmware is installed should print just fine on the 2530?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Requesting help with KM-2530 (networkability?)

Quote Originally Posted by sethwh View Post
    "Can you check for me what number you have in Service mode under simulation 265?"

To answer your question Habik:

Did you mean the 1087 1087 mode?

If so 265 has a button for No (blue).

Then values - 2 (white) and 2 (blue)

Then arrows up and down to move these two values

So the consensus is that this board regardless of what model it came out of or what firmware is installed should print just fine on the 2530?
    Ok thanks for clarification, that seems to be OK.
    Any luck with the CF upload?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

@Habik

I've tried twice and I get "System Download Error 42" - Google says incompatible firmware from one source

I was able to format the card correctly (It stalls at processing, guess it tries to print after you format?) but the CF card contained the same directory structure as when I formatted the hard drive. I dropped the file on the root directory but I can't get beyond the error during the restore steps.

I'm assuming I either do not have a Print System N or I have a faulty board (I remember you said you've had a few). I'm going by the numbers on my board that I typed into a google image search and was able to match other similar Print System N boards but that might not be the best way to determine N, Q, V, etc.

I'll have more time to look at it later this week and I might keep an eye out for a cheap N board on ebay... maybe one bundled with a scan card

@Habik

I've tried twice and I get "System Download Error 42" - Google says incompatible firmware from one source

I was able to format the card correctly (It stalls at processing, guess it tries to print after you format?) but the CF card contained the same directory structure as when I formatted the hard drive. I dropped the file on the root directory but I can't get beyond the error during the restore steps.

I'm assuming I either do not have a Print System N or I have a faulty board (I remember you said you've had a few). I'm going by the numbers on my board that I typed into a google image search and was able to match other similar Print System N boards but that might not be the best way to determine N, Q, V, etc.

I'll have more time to look at it later this week and I might keep an eye out for a cheap N board on ebay... maybe one bundled with a scan card
    If you get the scan card make sure it comes with the RTC (real time card)!

That download is definitely N-system.
    Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

KM 2530, 3530 4030 Print System N, Parallel, network and serial. Inside the print system unit near the F-DIMM there will be a barcode with 3CR0101 on it

RI 4530, 5530 Print system Q, Parallel, network and serial

Km 3035, 4035 5035 Print System U parallel, USB and network

KM 6030 8030 Print System V

TA 620 820 Print System W

@Habik

Hey Seth,

Just tested the Print System N firmware with 256MB card and formatted it in the Print board, then loaded the firmware into the root of the CF card put it back in the Printer board > Switched it OFF then ON ..DIMM started to be erased then started loading the firmware.. when completed it gave check sum and a RESET button(do nothing with RESET) .Powered down machine, removed CF card switched on and all updated fine!
    d25 Print system N after update.jpgd25 Print system N before update.jpg
    Old Firmware: 721202
    Old NIC :1.2

New Firmware: 3CR_721203M.bcmp
    New NIC ver. 1.4.1

Vendor Model doesn't make any difference! Kyocera or UTAX or Olivetti..when flashing the Print System N.
    Last edited by habik; 10-30-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: adding fw description
    Firmwares HERE

Pics of the card.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    Firmwares HERE

@Habik and kkendric

Thanks for info and the close up images. Now I see what the problem is. My print board has all the similar codes and markings *EXCEPT* for the barcode label (Ugh). Yours says 3CR0101 and mine says 3CW0101. Of course these barcodes never got picked up from a google search but only the markings on the board which led me to believe that I had a Print System N. Also, my updated browser couldn't display the IB-21E web access correctly so who knows what model number I thought was displayed (there were a bunch of jumbled numbers).

I'm sorry I was unable to properly identify the board guys but I do appreciate all your input...

I'm in contact with some dealers to see what parts they have laying around for a possible exchange or freebie

If not I'll be checking eBay to see if a deal pops up.