Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Requesting help with KM-2530 (networkability?)

Hello,

I have a Kyocera KM-2530 that's been moved to an old room as a backup copier. This copier still works great but had no Print System board installed for network sharing. I saved a board from another copier we had before it was cannibalized by our vendor and installed it in this one. As far as I know they were the same models but the neither one was used on the network (copier only).

The copier was able to boot with this card and I could find the IP address in the printer menu. I tried to print to the copier over the network and it stalled at processing.

Now I can't get the printer feature to get passed the "Self Test" screen after boot. It just sits at that window and you can only use the copier function.

I can still ping the print board and login with telnet to the IP but that's it.

Few questions about the board:

It had no memory installed. Does it require memory? Regular PC100 SDRAM? Or a special type?

What are the jumper settings for the IB-21E for a network reset?

Also, tried printing via parallel with no luck (could be that the board no longer gets passed self test).

Is this copier worth investing the time to get it printing on the network or should I just cut my losses and keep it as a spare?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Seth

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Requesting help with KM-2530 (networkability?)

Did you save the hard drive too? You'll need that.

Are you sure you got the whole print system? There's more to it than just one board.

Is the firmware at the same level as the rest of the machine. It won't function if it's at disparate firmware levels. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Did you save the hard drive too? You'll need that.

Are you sure you got the whole print system? There's more to it than just one board.

Is the firmware at the same level as the rest of the machine. It won't function if it's at disparate firmware levels. =^..^=
    Yes, I have the hard drive to it and recall hearing a strange noise the first time I turned on the copier with the board installed. I pulled it after I was unable to successfully print to the copier because after searching this forum it was a suggestion and I didn't think it was required. Maybe that's why it stalled at "self test" now?

To answer your question about the print board - It has two expansion slots. One for the hard drive and the other empty. It has two empty memory slots and a rom slot with some card installed in it. It also has an out side memory card slot (empty) which I'm assuming is for firmware upgrades? Anything else I'm missing?

I will try and answer your question tomorrow about the firmware version. Should be easier to get from the copier but as of right now I can only telnet into the print system and it doesn't really have a lot of display information.

Thank you for your response

I replied to this thread last night but it said awaiting moderation...

I have the hard drive and pulled it to test and everything came back OK. The hard drive contains what looks to be spool folders and memory cache. Since the drive is listed as optional in the manual I was wondering if it was even required for the print board to function correctly.

How do I check the firmware (copier and print board)?

I printed out a status report and the only thing I see is a ROM Version 2913HU and machine number set 021731. I can only access information from the print board via telnet and the information available through there is limited.

To answer your question about the print board (since my other thread is held up in moderation):

- The print board contains two expansion slots (one occupied by the 20 GB hard drive the other empty).

- It has parallel, serial, ethernet, memory card (CF ?) ports.

- It has two empty sdram slots (can I throw in regular sdram pc 100 printer memory? Old HP memory?)

- on the board there is a rom slot that contains a card (EEPPROM)?

What else am I missing?

Installed another hard drive and was able to get to the "printer ready" screen. Installed Kyocera net admin and was able to find the firmware version (72.12.02). I am guessing this board is not compatible with this older printer because it still stalls at processing when you send a job to it. Any ideas?

monstott2010

Quote Originally Posted by sethwh View Post
    Installed another hard drive and was able to get to the "printer ready" screen. Installed Kyocera net admin and was able to find the firmware version (72.12.02). I am guessing this board is not compatible with this older printer because it still stalls at processing when you send a job to it. Any ideas?
    I believe you are correct in assuming that is the incorrect print board for that model...you need a Print System (N) for that model... I did a quick reference check and that system appears to be only on that series of machine

I figured. Worth a shot. Anyone have any ideas of retail vendor who would have 2530 printer board refurbished and might do an exchange?

Aslo, you mentioned print system (N) are there any other model numbers used to identify these boards? There really isn't a whole lot of ID markings on them.

I appreciate the help considering the age of this machine,

So I looked up my board and apparently I have a Print System N board which is compatible with this copier.

blackcat4866 mentioned disparate firmware levels. I was able to determine the firmware level of the Print System but have been unable to find where to locate this on the copier or main system. Any hints?

Is this something a layman can do? If it needs to be updated?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sethwh View Post
    So I looked up my board and apparently I have a Print System N board which is compatible with this copier.

blackcat4866 mentioned disparate firmware levels. I was able to determine the firmware level of the Print System but have been unable to find where to locate this on the copier or main system. Any hints?

Is this something a layman can do? If it needs to be updated?
    The simplest way is to print off the maintenance report. From the copy screen > 10871087 > U000 > Start > Maintenance > Start.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=